Updates and Happenings
- Thank you for your participation in the 2022-23 parent survey. We so appreciate your feedback. We had 91 responses to the survey and FCS currently supports 302 families with the Christian education of their children. Noted areas gleaned from the survey are:
- Aligning and updating Bible curriculum school wide. We will be addressing this in or 5-year strategic plan that is currently being finalized and reviewed by key stakeholders. It will be launched this fall 2023.
- Publish schoolwide standardized test data. Our recent accreditation recommendations included becoming more transparent with data and use data to drive decision making. This will also be addressed in our strategic plan.
- Many positive ratings and comments for strength of academic program, spiritual emphasis, but particularly many expressions of appreciation and love for our wonderful teachers!
- Analysis of the data is ongoing, but we will share more with our stakeholders in the weeks to come.
- Next Friday, March 31, all remaining items in the lost and found will be donated.
- Forcey Christian School looks forward to bringing you an exciting evening of dinner, fellowship, student performances, and a silent auction you don’t want to miss. The funds raised will go toward the Forcey Forward Campaign Goal. You can purchase tickets now at https://bngn.blackbaud.school/?id=ncbj1ecqwqi#/home/Space is limited so buy yours today! If you are unable to attend the event, you can donate to the annual fund at https://bngn.blackbaud.school/?id=rdr0vjwjmur#/home/ For more information on how funds will be utilized, go to https://fcs.school/annual-fund/
- The library will be collecting quality used books, prekindergarten through young adult, until the end of May for the library’s used book sale. There is a labeled bin in the front lobby for you to dropped off the used books.
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- There are some employment opportunities listed on our website for the 2023-24 school year. You can check them out at: https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/
- We are noticing many students walking unattended through our parking lot at dismissal. We take student safety matters very seriously! Dismissal is a very high traffic time in the parking lot. The students dart out quickly or are too small to be seen by oncoming cars. Please ensure your children are safely in a car or escorted through the parking lot.
- The PTO is hosting a Kona Ice Fundraiser, Friday, March 31 at 11:30 am. Please stop by the Kona Ice Truck for a cool treat after school! See the attached flyer for more information.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- The last day of the third quarter is Friday, March 31. It is a half day for students and the last day before spring break. No third-quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing. Late students will not be permitted in class until the class finishes any pending assessments.
- Friday, April 28 is our annual evening fundraising event. Save the date!
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
- June 7 is the last day of the fourth quarter and June 9 is a half day for end of quarter and report card prep.
- June 14 is a half day and the last day of the 2022-2023 school year!
Are you familiar with our FCS Vision Statement? To train-up future generations of servant-leaders, who impact their world spiritually, intellectually, and socially, while leading lives that bring glory to Jesus Christ.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. ~Matthew 5:16
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory. ~Psalm 115:1a
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. ~Psalm 86:12
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, ~Colossians 3:23
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School