Forcey Christian School’s preschool program for 3 and 4 year olds is designed to inspire a love for learning, support peer interaction, foster community, kindergarten preparedness, and a love for Christ. We offer Partial Week (M/W/F) or Full Week options.
We love our Teachers and we know you will, too! Our dedicated preschool teachers partner with families through investing and pouring into your child’s early education. You will find Forcey’s Pre-K teachers are nurturing and passionate about teaching. All of our Pre-K teachers have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education and all are certified or seeking ACSI certification in Early Childhood. In addition, the PreK teachers and aides complete 12 hours of Professional Development each school year as part of the rigorous ACSI accreditation.
Visit the Faculty and Staff page under About to learn more about Forcey's excellent teachers and staff.
Meet Our Pre-K Teachers and Get an Inside Look into our preschool classrooms at one of our Open Houses!
Our Pre-K families understand the importance of early education. Our families go the distance, literally. You will find that our school community encompass families from Baltimore, Pasadena, Fulton, Columbia, Gaithersburg, Beltsville, Olney, Washington D.C., Silver Spring, Takoma Park and Burtonsville — just to name a few. Combining high quality teaching, ongoing communication, a compassionate and resourceful community, safe environment, and a dedication to teaching your child are key factors for our families in selecting a preschool program.
Learn more by Scheduling a Tour!
Our preschool classrooms are no larger than 17 students. Each class has a dedicated aide. Spots do fill up fast since our program is popular, so please call the Registrar (301-622-2281 x828) for space availability.
Curriculum and Typical Day
Preschoolers are engaged from the moment they walk in to our inspiring classrooms. They are encouraged to learn independence, work in groups, all while understanding the importance of community. At FCS, our prekindergarten program utilizes Big Day Scholastic as well as various co-curricular resources.
A typical day may include:
- Arts and Crafts (Developing Fine Motor Skills and Creativity)
- Purposeful Play (Social Development and Cause and Effect Skills)
- Exercise through outdoor and gym play (Physical Development)
- Learning Centers which may include Mathematics, Science, Technology, Writing, Reading, and Comprehension (Academic Development)
- Circle Time that includes Reading, Singing, and Bible Lessons (Developing Listening Skills, Class Participation, and Introduction to Biblical Principles)
- Fine Art Electives which include:
Preschoolers are able to take advantage of Forcey Christian School’s wonderful Art Program, Music Program, and dedicated on-site Library. These fine art electives allow for discovery of different mediums of art, music rhythm, and various literary genres, which cultivate a love for the fine arts.
Preschool Yearly Events
- Caterpillar to Butterfly Project
- School Garden Project (Nature Play)
- Field Trip to Clark's Elioak Farm (3 Year Preschool)
- Field Trip to the Butler's Orchard Pumpkin Patch (4 Year Preschool)
- 100 Days Project
- Grandparents Day
- Christmas Celebration Program
- Service Project
- Seasonal Classroom Parties
- End of Year Picnic
Preschool Schedule and Fee Options
Forcey Christian School offers a select few class options to choose from, which include Partial Week or Full Week (see table below).
Preschool Start and dismissal Time
|8:35 AM||3:00 PM|
Preschool Class Options
|Days of the Week|
|Pre-K 3||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|Pre-K 3||Monday through Friday|
|Pre-K 4||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|Pre-K 4||Monday through Friday|
- Must be 3 years old by September 1st in the year of entry for PreK3
- Must be 4 years old by September 1st in the year of entry for PreK4
- Must be potty-trained.
Preschool Tuition and Fees
Please see our Tuition and Financial Aid Page for current information.