Updates and Happenings
- You can purchase FCS approved spirit wear through today March 17 at www.forceyspiritwear.com. For questions regarding spirit wear contact: email@example.com.
- Friday, April 28 is our Forcey Forward Annual Fund evening fundraising event. More information will be coming out soon, but save the date!
- Financial aid will open the week of March 27. Information will be emailed out from the business office.
- In collaboration with The Well Community Church, Forcey Bible Church is hosting a special parent-focused seminar Faith, Gender & Sexuality Special Training Saturday, March 18, 10am-2pm. Topics include Theology of Marriage, Transgender Ideology, Pornography, Raising Kids in a Sexually Confused World, and Engaging Our Neighbors and What they Believe, all well-researched and presented from a biblical worldview. Lunch and childcare are provided for event attendees. To register (of if you have questions), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of adults attending and the number of children (and their ages) in need of childcare.
- The library will be collecting quality used books, prekindergarten through young adult, until the end of May for the library’s used book sale. There is a labeled bin in the front lobby for you to dropped off the used books.
- There’s a new FCS athletics blog post. You can find it here: https://fcsathletics.school/fcs-joins-maryland-independent-athletic-conference-miac/
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- There are some employment opportunities listed on our website for the 2023-24 school year. You can check them out at: https://fcs.school/employment/
- Service Opportunity! We have another opportunity to be of service to the Sandtown-Winchester Public Charter School in Baltimore City. They are in dire need of uniforms for their students. Many students wear the same clothes each day due to lack of money to purchase new clothes. The school uniform is a basic khaki pant and solid color lite blue or white polo with no logo in sizes 7, 8, 10, 12, and 14 for both shirts and pants. If you are able to donate, please bring any unused, newly purchased items to the school through Monday, March 20.
- The PTO is hosting a Kona Ice Fundraiser, Friday, March 31 at 11:30 am. Please stop by the Kona Ice Truck for a cool treat after school! See the attached flyer for more information.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- The last day of the third quarter is Friday, March 31. It is a half day for students and the last day before spring break. No third-quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing. Late students will not be permitted in class until the class finishes any pending assessments.
- Friday, April 28 is our annual evening fundraising event. Save the date!
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
- June 7 is the last day of the fourth quarter and June 9 is a half day for end of quarter and report card prep.
- June 14 is a half day and the last day of the 2022-2023 school year!
Today is St. Patrick’s Day! Even if you aren’t Irish, there’s still a lot we can glean from St. Patrick’s ministry to the People of Ireland.
“May the strength of God pilot us, may the wisdom of God instruct us. May the hand of God protect us, may the word of God direct us. May thy Salvation, O Lord, be always ours this day and for evermore. Amen.” ~St. Patrick
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School