Updates and Happenings
- You can purchase FCS approved spirit wear now March 17 through this link: www.forceyspiritwear.com for a limited time only. For questions regarding spirit wear contact: email@example.com.
- A big thank you to Nurse Bickell for her work on this year’s sleep study project! It was a huge success bringing awareness to our students and parents on the prevalence and dangers of lack of sleep. Students and parents are beginning to talk about this important issue and focusing on improved health related to getting an appropriate night’s sleep.
- Our vision at FCS is to train-up future generations of servant-leaders, who impact their world spiritually, intellectually, and socially, while leading lives that bring glory to Jesus Christ. How are we doing? The link to our 2022-2023 parent survey is https://forms.gle/CRojxfePxDdZrDdDA Your feedback will be used to evaluate our program, academically, spiritually, and socially and to ensure we are serving our students, parents, and community well. The link will be available through this Monday, March 13 at 9 am.
- Friday, April 28 is our Forcey Forward Annual Fund evening fundraising event. More information will be coming out soon, but save the date!
- Financial aid will open the week of March 27. Information will be emailed out from the business office.
- In collaboration with The Well Community Church, Forcey Bible Church is hosting a special parent-focused seminar Faith, Gender & Sexuality Special Training Saturday, March 18, 10am-2pm. Topics include Theology of Marriage, Transgender Ideology, Pornography, Raising Kids in a Sexually Confused World, and Engaging Our Neighbors and What they Believe, all well-researched and presented from a biblical worldview. Lunch and childcare are provided for event attendees. To register (of if you have questions), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of adults attending and the number of children (and their ages) in need of childcare.
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- There are some employment opportunities listed on our website for the 2023-24 school year. You can check them out at: https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/
- Service Opportunity! We have another opportunity to be of service to the Sandtown-Winchester Public Charter School in Baltimore City. They are in dire need of uniforms for their students. Many students wear the same clothes each day due to lack of money to purchase new clothes. The school uniform is a basic khaki pant and solid color lite blue or white polo with no logo in sizes 7, 8, 10, 12, and 14 for both shirts and pants. If you are able to donate, please bring any unused, newly purchased items to the school through Monday, March 20.
- Students will not be permitted to order lunch from local restaurants through Door Dash, Uber Eats, or any other food delivery service. These cause disruptions to the school day and encourage student phone use. Thank you for your understanding.
- Re-enrollment for the 2023-2024 school has begun. For re-enrollment questions, please contact Carlaemail@example.com or go to https://fcs.school/re-registration/ to begin the process. Classes are beginning to fill up, particularly in the area of PreK3 and PreK4.
- Today, Friday, March 10 at 3:10 p.m., RM 150 — Parent Mixer hosted by PTO. Bring your student and come connect with other parents. Snacks provided.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- The last day of the third quarter is Friday, March 31. It is a half day for students and the last day before spring break. No third-quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing. Late students will not be permitted in class until the class finishes any pending assessments.
- Friday, April 28 is our annual evening fundraising event. Save the date!
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
Have you had a stressful or busy week? Hard to clear your mind of workplace stressors or personal hardships? God’s word promises that we can replace that worry, anxiety, and dread with the perfect peace that only God can provide. Here are a few verses to meditate on over the weekend.
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. ~Isaiah 26:3
- The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. ~Psalm 29:11
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:7
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. ~Matthew 11:28
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian Schoolcherifirstname.lastname@example.org