Updates and Happenings
- There’s another opportunity to order FCS spirit wear!. You can purchase it through this link: www.forceyspiritwear.com for a limited time only. For questions regarding spirit wear contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our vision at FCS is to train-up future generations of servant-leaders, who impact their world spiritually, intellectually, and socially, while leading lives that bring glory to Jesus Christ. How are we doing? The link to our 2022-2023 parent survey is https://forms.gle/CRojxfePxDdZrDdDA Your feedback will be used to evaluate our program, academically, spiritually, and socially and to ensure we are serving our students, parents, and community well. The link will be available until March 13 at 9 am.
- Shout out to Officer Kristie Palmer for all her assistance and help with traffic control this week while we worked to improve our grounds. We appreciate you, Officer Palmer!!
- Next week, we will return to normal arrival times: MS 8:05 am and ES 8:20 am.
- Friday, April 28 is our Forcey Forward Annual Fund evening fundraising event. More information will be coming out soon, but save the date!
- Financial aid will open the week of March 27. Information will be emailed out from the business office.
- In collaboration with The Well Community Church, Forcey Bible Church is hosting a special parent-focused seminar: Faith, Gender & Sexuality Special Training on Saturday, March 18, 10am-2pm. Topics include Theology of Marriage, Transgender Ideology, Pornography, Raising Kids in a Sexually Confused World, and Engaging Our Neighbors and What they Believe, all well-researched and presented from a biblical worldview. If you have questions about the event, contact Pastor Mike Maslin at Forcey Bible Church at email@example.com. Lunch and childcare are provided for event attendees.
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing. Late students will not be permitted in class until the class finishes any pending assessments.
- Lunch options for students: Students can bring their lunch or order from our school hot lunch program All About Lunch at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ The March menu is attached.
- Students will not be permitted to order lunch from local restaurants through Door Dash, Uber Eats, or any other food delivery service. These cause disruptions to the school day and encourage student phone use. Thank you for your understanding.
- Yearbook advertising flyer attached.
- The FCS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is now accepting leadership nominations for the '23-24 school year.
The nominating period runs through Monday, March 6. Please use this link to learn more and submit nominations. https://forms.gle/RhUbLAghHzgg9Tw69
You may self-nominate or nominate another PTO member for the offices of: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
Per the PTO bylaws, voting will take place at the April 11, 7 p.m. meeting. All PTO members are invited to attend and vote.
For questions, please email Ginny Lee, Chair, Membership and Nominating Committee, at Ginny309@gmail.com.
- PTO March Zoom Meeting is this Tuesday, March 7 at 7p.m. Join to hear about and vote on a new PTO process to fund classroom needs and projects, and more. PTO officer elections will be held at the April 11 meeting.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88422889395?pwd=YTZBcHRuSXZKWldtd3lMdExxUFRNQT09 Meeting ID: 884 2288 9395 Passcode: bp9tpw
- Friday, March 10 at 3:10 p.m., RM 150 — Parent Mixer hosted by PTO. Bring your student and come connect with other parents. Snacks provided.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- The last day of the third quarter is Friday, March 31. It is a half day for students and the last day before spring break. No third-quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing.
- Friday, April 28 is our annual evening fundraising event. Save the date!
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
Have you had a stressful or busy week? Hard to clear your mind of workplace stressors or personal hardships? God’s word promises that we can replace that worry, anxiety, and dread with the perfect peace that only God can provide. Here are a few verses to meditate on over the weekend.
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. ~Isaiah 26:3
- The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. ~Psalm 29:11
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:7
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. ~Matthew 11:28
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School