Updates and Happenings
Parking Lot Tree Work February 27-March 3. Limited access and redirection of traffic patterns for that week. Please review updated attached map carefully.
- Due to limited parking spaces in our parking lot next week, we will open our doors at 8:10 am for all elementary and middle school students for next week only.
- Re-enrollment for the 2023-2024 school has begun. For re-enrollment questions, please contact Carlafirstname.lastname@example.org or go to https://fcs.school/re-registration/ to begin the process. Classes are beginning to fill up, particularly in the area of PreK3 and PreK4.
- Friday, April 28 is our Forcey Forward Annual Fund evening fundraising event. More information will be coming out soon, but save the date!
- Financial aid will open the week of March 27. Information will be emailed out from the business office soon.
- Mid quarter progress reports will be emailed out today.
- We are so proud of our Math Olympians!
- 3rd Grade Reasoning: Zoe Lee-4th place
- 4th Grade Computation: JJ Lee-3rd place
- 5th Grade Computation: Elliot Wang-3rd place Kato Lee-5th place
- 5th Grade Reasoning: Nathaniel Petralia-3rd place
- 6th Grade Computation: Ally Wong-3rd place Siennie Assegid-4th place
- 7th Grade Computation: Melinda Yu-3rd place Michael Gonzalez-5th place
- 7th Grade Reasoning: Elijah Lee-1st place Dominic Hsu-2nd place Alexander Adebiyi-4th place
- 8th Grade Computation: Charis Wong-2nd place Kiran Roda-4th place
- 8th Grade Reasoning: Eliana Wang-1st place Oliver Renkema-3rd place Nolawi Alemu-4th place
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing. Late students will not be permitted in class until the class finishes any pending assessments.
- Lunch options for students: Students can bring their lunch or order from our school hot lunch program All About Lunch at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ The March menu is attached.
- Students are not permitted to order lunch from local restaurants through Door Dash, Uber Eats, or any other food delivery service. These cause disruptions to the school day and encourage student phone use. Thank you for your understanding.
- Yearbook advertising flyer attached.
- The FCS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is now accepting leadership nominations for the ’23-24 school year.
- The nominating period runs through Monday, March 6.
Please use this link to learn more and submit nominations.
You may self nominate or nominate another PTO member for the offices of:
Per the PTO bylaws, voting will take place at the April 11, 7 p.m. meeting. All PTO members are invited to attend and vote.
For questions, please email Ginny Lee, Chair, Membership and Nominating Committee, at Ginny309@gmail.com.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- The last day of the third quarter is Friday, March 31. It is a half day for students and the last day before spring break. No third-quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing.
- Friday, April 28 is our annual evening fundraising event. Save the date!
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
Through our faith in Jesus Christ, we have access to God’s divine power. Through that, He has given us everything we need. I’m so thankful for God’s favor and mercy in my life each day.
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. ~Peter 1:3
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School