Updates and Happenings
- Staff Update:
- Health Suite Update: Nurse Barrant has made the decision not to return to FCS next school year and focus on a professional goal to pursue a higher-level medical degree. We are saddened by the news but want to be supportive of her as she works on the professional goals she has for herself. We are excited to announce that FCS has hired a new school nurse for the fall! More information on that soon. We are happy that Nurse Barrant has graciously agreed to help us with the transition to the new nurse, and perhaps even come back to substitute!!
- A few other FCS staff members have decided to move on to other opportunities for the fall, 2022-23.
- Mrs. Rohrer is retiring from teaching. She is looking forward to traveling and visiting and helping family members in Iowa and Panama this fall. Mrs. Hayes will be moving up to fourth grade to teach alongside Mrs. Hall.
- Mr. Stewart is leaving MD and heading south after 12 years of teaching in our middle school and serving as athletic director. He has accepted a high school Bible teacher position in SC.
- Mrs. Mayn has decided to leave FCS and pursue other career opportunities for the fall after 9 years in our MS.
- Mrs. Crump has decided to leave FCS after 26 years of teaching kindergarten here. She left Forcey for a few years to seek other employment but decided to come back because of missing her Forcey family friends and her love of teaching. Both of her children attended Forcey and are now grown adults. Mrs. Crump is looking forward to the next stage in her life of focusing on family and welcoming her first grandchild. She says it has been an honor and a blessing to have worked so closely with wonderful Forcey families and staff.
- Each staff member has served the FCS community faithfully for many years and we so appreciate their time and commitment to our mission work here. More information and new staff bios will be sent out in early July.
- For the remainder of the school year, parents will not be required to complete the Frontline health screening. No decision has been made regarding health screenings when classes resume this fall.
- FCS is prepping for the summer replacement of cabinets and sinks in all elementary classrooms. Teachers are clearing out classrooms and we could use your help to clear discarded items out of spaces. To help, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-discarded
- FCS has open staff positions for fall 2022, please check out our employment page at https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/
- The FCS library is conducting a used book sale. See the attached flyer for more details.
- FCS has purchased content through Right Now Media. To access this content at no expense to you, visit https://app.rightnowmedia.org/join/Forceychristianschool and use the keyword and short code FORCEYCS TO 49775.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
- PTO Meeting: June’s FCS Parent Teacher Organization Zoom meeting will be held on Tues., June 7 at 7 p.m. All parents and FCS staff are welcome to attend. This meeting will summarize the year, provide updates on June PTO-supported events. This is the final PTO meeting for the school year. Thank you so much for your support and volunteerism. Time: Jun 7, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time https://zoom.us/j/98839173621?pwd=RVVsdm5YTE9HSHJRcXdBYk9JOCs0UT09_
Meeting ID: 988 3917 3621
-COMING SOON – Sat., June 11, 3-7 p.m. – First-ever Forcey Spring Fling! Bring your family and friends for an afternoon of outdoor fun, fellowship, free activities, a bounce house, games, face painting & photo booth. Dunk Tank, Basket Raffle and a percentage of Food Truck sales benefit the FCS PTO! Flyer attached.
-Field Day is Mon., June 13 for grades 2-5. Follow this link and help us make field day an amazing day!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Friday, June 10 is a half day of instruction for end of quarter preparations.
- Friday, June 10 is Cultural Awareness Day-more information to come soon!
- PTO Spring fling is scheduled for Saturday, June 11 from 3-7 pm.
- June 15 is a half day and the last day of school.
I read Psalm 42 in my morning devotions today. I found it comforting to be reminded that God is with me through every trial and every blessing. He is constant. An ever present help. I am so thankful.
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. ~Psalm 42:1
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. ~Psalm 42:11
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!