Updates and Happenings
- 8th Grade Graduation Reminders:
- At 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday, June 14, we'll have the 8th graders gather in the front of the school on the grass, and the FCS community will gather around them and offer prayers as they leave their FCS time and enter high school. We invite anyone -- grandparents, parents, students, teachers -- who wants to join us to meet us on the grass in front of the school. Some students have been with us since PreK and some we were privileged to meet just this year. We know the Lord has great plans for them.
- 8th grade dismissal (only) is at 11:45 am on Tuesday, June 14.
- Graduates are to report back at school by 6:10 p.m. Ceremony (invite only) starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Mrs. Groom would love some summer library help. If you are able to assist, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080e49a4ad23a1fb6-library1
- FCS is prepping for the summer painting and replacement of cabinets and sinks in all elementary classrooms. Teachers are clearing out classrooms and we could use your help to clear discarded items out of spaces. To help, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-discarded
- FCS is looking for a middle school science and a middle school language arts teacher for the fall. For job opening information go to: https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/
- FCS has purchased content through Right Now Media. To access this content at no expense to you, visit https://app.rightnowmedia.org/join/Forceychristianschool and use the keyword and short code FORCEYCSTO 49775.
- We’ll pause the FCS News Friday for a bit. Emailed newsletters will begin going out to registered families beginning mid-July.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
- Kona Ice is returning on Tues., June 14 at 3 p.m. It’s a cool way to start the summer! Proceeds benefit PTO.
- Have gently used uniforms that you don’t need anymore? Donate them to PTO for the Summer Used Uniform Sale. Drop uniforms in the bins in the school lobby and look for information about a sale in late July/early August. It’s a great event to pick up uniforms at discounted prices.
- Field Day is Mon., June 13 for grades 2-5. Follow this link and help us make field day an amazing day!
- Tomorrow! Sat., June 11, 3-7 p.m. – First-ever Forcey Spring Fling! Bring your family and friends for an afternoon of outdoor fun, fellowship, free activities, a bounce house, games, face painting & photo booth. Dunk Tank, Basket Raffle and a percentage of Food Truck sales benefit the FCS PTO! Flyer attached.
Around the Building
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Today, Friday, June 10 is a half day of instruction for end of quarter preparations.
- Tomorrow: PTO Spring fling is scheduled for Saturday, June 11 from 3-7 pm.
- Monday, June 13 is field day for K through 8th grade.
- Wednesday, June 15 we will have awards assemblies for 1st through 7th grade. Please check https://fcs.school/calendar-2/ for specific times.
- June 15 is a half day and the last day of school.
I’m so excited to spend time with the FCS community at the Spring Fling tomorrow. It’s such a blessing to be coming out of quarantine and beginning to normalize Covid with a return to a place of community again. I want to thank you, our committed families, for staying with us these last two years. Because of your faithfulness and support, FCS is a thriving community with much growth anticipated for next year. I hope to see you all tomorrow at the spring fling from 3-7 pm!
He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure. ~Isaiah 33:6
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!