Updates and Happenings
- MS Parents:
- The NJHS induction ceremony on Thursday, January 13 will be streamed live at 2:30 pm. More information regarding details will follow soon. For questions regarding the National Junior Honor Society at FCS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Second semester elective link choices went out on Monday, January 3, 2022 and will be live through Friday, January 14 at 5:00 pm. Student elective choices will be used to place students in spring semester electives.
- If you are interested in applying for the open Admissions Coordinator/Administrative Assistant position in the FCS office, the deadline to send your resume to email@example.com is Wednesday, January 12. Please check the employment page of our website at https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/ for position details.
- FCS will conduct class/homeroom group photos next Wednesday and Thursday, January 12 and 13. We will limit the group photos to class cohorts/homerooms and sports teams only. Students will be asked to remove their masks briefly to take the picture. If the student wishes, they can keep their mask on for the photo and will not be forced to remove it. The sale of the class photos will be offered online. A link to the online gallery will be sent to the families when the images are ready for sale.
- Positive Covid case notifications: Parents of students, with a positive Covid-19 case within their grade level cohort, will receive all positive case notifications. In addition, FCS staff and school board will also receive notifications. Moving forward, we will not provide school wide positive Covid-19 case notifications. For the month of January minimally, FCS will not conduct any large group assemblies, chapels, or meetings. We will work to have students stay in class cohorts as much as possible.
- For all information about our newly launched Parent Teacher Association, go to: https://fcs.school/pto/
- In an attempt to be transparent regarding emergency health information, please read our FCS Crisis Communication Information: https://fcs.school/media/2021/12/Covid-Crisis-communication-Policy-December-2021-1.pdf
- FCS has planned a second open house for prospective families on Thursday, January 20 at 6:00 pm. Tell your friends and family who might be interested in private Christian school options for their children.
- Re-enrollment for the 2022-23 school year has begun. For enrollment information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in coaching or helping out with an FCS co-ed flag football team this spring, please contact email@example.com.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Forcey Bible Church Ministry Staff Openings
Forcey Bible Church is looking to fill two part-time ministry support positions. The deadline to apply is January 16. If interested, please review the full position descriptions and application at www.forcey.org (click on “Employment Opportunities”).
- The Ministry Assistant (24-30 hours per week) will serve as the lead receptionist in the church office while providing ministry support to the pastoral staff and church ministries. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a keen attention to detail, the ability to problem-solve, multi-task, anticipate needs, and winsomely engage a broad range of people.
- The Communications Coordinator (20-25 hours per week) works with church leadership and staff to develop, publish, and disseminate church communications and publications. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a keen attention to detail, a self-starter, collaborative, and familiar with web-based communication.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Monday, January 17 is a school holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The last day of the second quarter is Friday, January 21 and is also a half day for students. All pending assignments need to be turned in by Friday January 21 to receive credit. Third quarter begins on Monday, January 24, 2022.
- Monday, February 21 is a no school holiday for President’s Day.
It has been quite a week with many last-minute schedule adjustments. Thank you for your support and flexibility! If you are like me, I like to have everything planned and scheduled ahead of time. I don’t do as well with last minute changes. God is teaching me to wait on Him, slow down, be patient. He continues to remind me that He is in control, and I must trust in His perfect plan. This passage from Romans brought me peace this week. I hope it does the same for you.
For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. ~ Romans 8:24-25
We want to wish a Happy Christmas for all our families who celebrate today!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!