Updates and Happenings
- FCS will conduct class/homeroom group photos next Wednesday and Thursday, January 19 and 20. We will limit the group photos to class cohorts/homerooms and sports teams only. Students will be asked to remove their masks briefly to take the picture. If the student wishes, they can keep their mask on for the photo and will not be forced to remove it. The sale of the class photos will be offered online. A link to the online gallery will be sent to the families when the images are ready for sale.
- Spring after school club information will follow soon. We are launching a new coding club for 3rd through 5th grade students. Please see the attached flyer.
- Please send students with coats, hats, scarves, and gloves for outside recess. It is important that students get outside each day for fresh air and to have a mask break if desired.
- Remember, FCS is partnering with All About Lunch for our hot lunch services. They have flexible options. You can order 1 day a week or 5. You can check them out at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/
- Positive Covid case notifications: Parents of students, with a positive Covid-19 case within their grade level cohort, will receive all positive case notifications. In addition, FCS staff and school board will also receive notifications. For the month of January minimally, FCS will not conduct any large group assemblies, chapels, or meetings. We will work to have students stay in class cohorts as much as possible.
- FCS has planned a second open house for prospective families on Thursday, January 20 at 6:00 pm. Tell your friends and family who might be interested in private Christian school options for their children.
- Re-enrollment for the 2022-23 school year has begun. For enrollment information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://fcs.school/re-registration/
- If you are interested in coaching or helping out with an FCS co-ed flag football team this spring, please contact email@example.com.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Update
- For information about our newly launched PTO or to join, go to: https://fcs.school/pto/
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) members can now sign up to serve on committees. Please check your email for information or click the links below to learn more and add your name to the committee(s) of your choice.
- Communications Committee:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-ptocommunications
- Events Committee: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-ptoevents
- Fundraising Committee: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-ptofundraising
- Membership & Nominating Committee:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-ptomembership
- Staff Encouragement Committee:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904094FAAA629A3F85-ptostaff
Around the Building
- Fifth grade students worked hard in December to raise money for a World Vision service project. Some of the students worked to earn money and some gave from their savings. The money will be used to purchase much-needed animals or services for a needy community. Great job, fifth grade!
- 5th grade music classes have been watching a 2-part series about the traditional music of Africa. They “travelled” around the continent to 12 different countries, comparing instruments, polyrhythms and polyphonic melodies. Students divided into 2 groups using shakers and drums to play a polyrhythm.
- Mrs. Groom planned special activities in the FCS library all week in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s birthday remembrance on Monday, January 17.
- 4th grade music classes are excited to start playing recorders! They have been getting ready by learning the note names and reading rhythms.
- FCS conducted a National Junior Honor Society induction ceremony this week for this year’s NJHS inductees. The ceremony was zoomed live for students and families. Fifteen new inductees, two 8th grade students and thirteen 7th grade students, were accepted after completing a rigorous application process which included minimum GPA requirements, service hours, and essays. Congratulations to the 2021-22 FCS National Junior Honor Society!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- This Monday, January 17 is a school holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The last day of the second quarter is Friday, January 21 and is also a half day for students. All pending assignments need to be turned in by Friday January 21 to receive credit. Third quarter begins on Monday, January 24, 2022.
- Monday, February 21 is a no school holiday for President’s Day.
Mrs. Crump led staff devotions this week and challenged the staff to remember to be grateful and focus on the positive things in our lives. There are so many challenges right now that it is easy to be weighed down by them. She encouraged us that there are health benefits remaining positive and becoming grateful.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. ~ Psalm 73:28
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!