Updates and Happenings
- MS Parents:
- The NJHS induction ceremony has been re-scheduled for Thursday, January 13 at 2:30 PM. For questions regarding the National Junior Honor Society at FCS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Second semester elective link choices will go out on Monday, January 3, 2022 and will be live for 2 weeks. Student elective choices will be used to place students in spring semester electives.
- Forcey Bible Church has planned some special events for this Christmas season. You can check out the Living Nativity information at https://www.forcey.org/event/living-nativity/2021-12-17/. There are also Christmas Eve services offered. You can find out more at https://www.forcey.org/
- If you or your business would like to make a year-end, tax-deductible donation to Forcey Christian School, you can go to https://fcs.school/annual-fund/ and check out our goals and fundraising focus for the 2021-22 Annual Fund.
- Remember you can help support FCS while you shop at Amazon through smile.amazon.com. Just search for the Forcey Educational Association in the list of charities and shop Amazon through the smile link.
- The Holiday Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser is going on now! During the weeks before Christmas, you have the opportunity to get some of your Christmas shopping done while supporting our school. Please go to https://fcs.school/scrip-fundraising/ for more information.
- Positive Covid case notifications: Parents of students, with a positive Covid-19 case within their grade level cohort, will receive all positive case notifications. In addition, FCS staff and school board will also receive notifications. Moving forward, we will not provide school wide positive Covid-19 case notifications.
- FCS has a subscription to Right Now Media and all its paid digital Christian content. There are some great Christmas resources on Right Now Media. If you have not accessed these free resources through Forcey Christian School just go to: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/Forceychristianschool
- Christmas Resources on Right Now Media: Advent with Derwin Gray: https://app.rightnowmedia.org/en/content/details/533457
- Christmas family devotionals – Big Questions about Christmas: https://app.rightnowmedia.org/en/content/details/235093
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- For some great pictures and video of daily happenings at FCS, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Mid-quarter progress reports for first through eighth grade students went out this week.
- December 20 through December 31 is our Christmas Break. Classes resume on Monday, January 3, 2021
- Monday, January 17 is a school holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I enjoy celebrating Advent in December with my family. Advent just means the introduction of or waiting for something important. The someone important for Christians is Jesus Christ.
- The first week of Advent, the candle represents Hope. A light shining in a dark place. We celebrate the hope we have in Jesus Christ, our Savior. (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- The second week of Advent, the candle represents Peace. The peace we have in Jesus Christ as believers. Peace that passes all understanding. Peace in the midst of the storm that earthly life sometimes brings. (Luke 2:14)
- The third week of Advent, the candle represents Love. God loved us so much that He sent His son to be a sacrifice for us and to bridge the gap between our sin and God. (John 3:16)
- The fourth week of Advent, the candle represents Joy. After years of waiting, the coming of Jesus brought joy to the people of Israel and brings joy to us today. (Luke 2:10-11)
- The fifth candle of Advent, the center candle, celebrates the coming of Christ on Christmas Day.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. ~Luke 2:10-11
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. ~Isaiah 9:6-7a
Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!