Updates and Happenings
- Please check out our FCS Athletic website to keep up with game schedules and announcements! https://fcsathletics.school/
- Did you know that Forcey Christian School has a You Tube Channel? You can watch live-streamed athletic games on our FCS You Tube Channel, like Monday’s girls’ volleyball game. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9aEmFb1GKBGrAELF0BHdA
- Did you know you can find helpful information on the parent resource page of our website at https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/
- Dismissal Reminder: Policy states that PreK and ES students will be signed in to after care by 3:10 pm and middle school students will be signed in to after care by 3:30 pm if a parent has not arrived for pick up.
- Dismissal Reminder: After pick up, promptly exit the school grounds with your children at dismissal. This is to protect the safety and security of all students. PreK and elementary students should be off site by 3:15 pm and middle school students should be off site by 3:30 pm. Once the dismissal exchange has occurred, supervision by Forcey Christian School staff ends.
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Tired of making student lunches every day? FCS has a hot lunch program. Check out the menu at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ You can purchase up to midnight the night before. Order once a week or all 5 days.
- Fall After School Clubs started this week, but it’s not too late to sign up! Registration will remain open until noon on Thursday, 9/21. As of today, there are still openings in all clubs.
- Please contact Mrs. Groom, the librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help mend books and put tape on new books. Help is also needed with re-shelving books. Lastly, if you like to read to each individual class, preschool to 3rd-grade students, please reach out!
- Please drive slowly and carefully through our parking lot during arrival and dismissal. Follow parking lot safety protocol as explained in our parent handbook. You can find the handbook at https://fcs.school/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/FCS-Parent-Student-Handbook-23-24.pdf
- The PTO is recruiting room parents. If you are interested in learning more about this way to serve the FCS community, please fill out the form at this link: https://forms.gle/tjM9R6tfmRvtvvDWA Information is attached.
- Questions about the FCS PTO, email email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- September 27-29: 7th and 8th grade retreat to North Bay Retreat Center
- September 27-29: 6th grade Spruce Lake Outdoor School
- Friday, October 13 is a no school day for teacher professional development and training.
- Our yearly fall fundraiser, the Forcey Forward Fun Run is currently scheduled for Friday, October 20 (date change). For more information about our Forcey Forward annual fund, please visit https://fcs.school/annual-fund/
- November 3, 2023, is the end of the first quarter. No first quarter work will be accepted after this date.
In staff devotions today, we were reminded to “Let Go”. When we go through challenges and unknowns, it’s tempting to hold on tight and try to steer the ship ourselves. Psalm 46 reminds us to let go. Let go of the reigns and the control. God is working all things out according to his purposes and His will. We still need to be good stewards, but ultimately need to let go and be still. Listen to His voice. He will make known the path in His time.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. ~Psalm 46:10-11
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
Live to Serve!