Updates and Happenings
- After school club information was emailed yesterday and is also attached. For after school club questions, please contact the email on the attached flyer.
- Lunch options for students: Students can bring their lunch or order from our school hot lunch program All About Lunch at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ Students will not be permitted to order lunch from local restaurants through Door Dash, Uber Eats, or any other delivery service. These cause disruptions to the school day and encourage student phone use. Thank you for your understanding.
- When ordering through All About Lunch, it is important to complete the homeroom teacher field through the online platform. Lunches are labeled and organized by homeroom.
- Our annual fun run, which is part of our Forcey Forward Annual Fund campaign, will be held in the fall this year on Friday, October 7. More information to follow!
- Parents of new students: Please don’t forget to sign into Frontline (Health Portal). You will need the app for returning to school after sickness, to keep updated with your student’s health portal. The Frontline app can be found on our Health hub on our Forcey website.
You will need the following information:
- Your student’s ID. It can be found in the FACTS account.
- School District ID is: Forcey Christian School
There are some policy changes/reminders as we begin a new school year.
- Student cell phones must remain in backpacks as students enter the building and move throughout the school day. Backpacks can be left in the wall lockers (middle school) or in classrooms out of student reach. Students will not be permitted to use their cell phones throughout the school day unless there is a classroom activity requested by the teacher.
- Apple watches, and other smart wearable devices, should be set to airplane mode throughout the school day.
- Remember: Students and parents must sign the google technology acceptable use form in order for students to use technology for class assignments during the school day. Fourth through eighth grade students can access the link here: https://forms.gle/SGmrmAmBnQNQc7Jd8. PreK through third grade students received a hard copy from their homeroom teachers.
From the FCS Office:
- It is important to bring students to school on time each day. Students who are repeatedly late to school miss valuable instruction time and cause disruptions to morning routines. If you find yourself arriving after morning arrival, MS 8:05, ES 8:20, PreK 8:35, kindly complete the late pass form on the homepage of our website or https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/late-pass/ Students will be marked tardy unexcused without a completed form.
- If you need to pick your child up early for an appointment, kindly complete the early dismissal form on the homepage of our website or https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/early-dismissal/ This sends a message to your child’s teacher and office staff to have your child ready for early pick up.
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
- The PTO wants to support teachers and build school community through starting a room parent program this year. Being a room parent does not need to be a lot of work, but it will be rewarding and a great way to get to know your child’s teacher and other parents. You do not need to be a PTO member to be a room parent! You can read more about the room parent program from this document. If you are interested, please fill out this Google Form. After you fill it out, Jennifer Renkema, the PTO Vice President, will be in touch with you to answer your questions.
- Next Tuesday, September 13th, is the Ledo Pizza fundraiser from 4-9 PM. It is located at 13444 New Hampshire Avenue, in the Colesville Center. The FCS PTO is excited to launch the 2022-23 school year, so take the night off from cooking and join us for our first fundraiser of the school year.
- Ledo Pizza will donate 20% of sales to Forcey Christian School. This applies to dine-in and carry-out orders. All you have to do is bring in the attached flyer, show it on your phone, or simply mention that you are supporting the Forcey fundraiser.
Thank you in advance for your support of the FCS PTO so that we can help support our wonderful students, teachers, and school!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar
- October 13 and 14 are no school days for scheduled teacher professional development.
- Friday, November 4, is a half day for students. Teachers will use this time for end of quarter preparations.
- Thursday, November 10 is a half day for students. Friday, November 11, is a no school day for students. These days are set aside for parent teacher conferences.
- November 21-25 FCS will be closed for Thanksgiving Break.
Perspective is everything! Stand strong and be courageous, talk like an overcomer, praise when you could feel defeated, expect God’s favor when the situation seems impossible, declare victory when all seems lost.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. ~I Corinthians 16:13Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School