We enjoyed seeing so many parents at last night’s parent orientation for first through 8th grade!
Updates and Happenings
- Lunch options for students: Students can bring their lunch or order from our school hot lunch program All About Lunch at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ Students will not be permitted to order lunch from local restaurants through Door Dash, Uber Eats, or any other delivery service. These cause disruptions to the school day and encourage student phone use. Thank you for your understanding.
- When ordering through All About Lunch, it is important to complete the homeroom teacher field through the online platform. Lunches are labeled and organized by homeroom.
- There are a lot of valuable resources on our parent resource page. You can access them here at https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/
- The 2022-2023 Parent handbook and PreK handbook are attached.
There are some policy changes/reminders as we begin a new school year.
- Student cell phones must remain in backpacks as students enter the building and move throughout the school day. Backpacks can be left in the wall lockers (middle school) or in classrooms out of student reach. Students will not be permitted to use their cell phones throughout the school day unless there is a classroom activity requested by the teacher.
- Apple watches (iwatch) should be set to airplane mode throughout the school day.
- Remember: Students and parents must sign the google technology acceptable use form in order for students to use technology for class assignments during the school day. You can access the link here: https://forms.gle/SGmrmAmBnQNQc7Jd8
From the FCS Office:
- Parents, please screen your students for illness each day before sending them to school. If a child has a fever, stomach issues, unusual cough, congestion, etc, keep them home and notify the school nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is important to bring students to school on time each day. Students who are repeatedly late to school miss valuable instruction time and cause disruptions to morning routines. If you find yourself arriving after morning arrival, MS 8:05, ES 8:20, PreK 8:35, kindly complete the late pass form on the homepage of our website or https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/late-pass/ Students will be marked tardy unexcused without a completed form.
- If you need to pick your child up early for an appointment, kindly complete the early dismissal form on the homepage of our website or https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/early-dismissal/ This sends a message to your child’s teacher and office staff to have your child ready for early pick up.
- Standardized test results update: Iowa test results, from last spring’s assessments, will be sent home with students today. Look for them in your child’s Friday folder.
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
- The first FCS Parent Teacher Organization Zoom meeting will be held Tues., Sept. 6 at 7-7:30 p.m. All parents and FCS staff are welcome to attend! Come learn about PTO, hear updates, bring ideas and get involved this year! Zoom link is below.
- The PTO wants to support teachers and build school community through starting a room parent program this year. Being a room parent does not need to be a lot of work, but it will be rewarding and a great way to get to know your child’s teacher and other parents. You do not need to be a PTO member to be a room parent! You can read more about the room parent program from this document. If you are interested, please fill out this Google Form. After you fill it out, Jennifer Renkema, the PTO Vice President, will be in touch with you to answer your questions.
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71983270293?pwd=NpcFAZq2SQ1cDta2qOcXN4OiyLZ7Fr.1 Meeting ID: 719 8327 0293
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar
- Labor Day holiday, no school, Monday, September 5
- October 13 and 14 are no school days for scheduled teacher professional development.
This morning Psalm 121 was shared in staff devotions. It is so comforting to know that our heavenly father does not slumber or sleep but continually keeps watch over us.
I lift up my eyes to the hills– where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip– he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you– the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. ~Psalm 121
Have a great 3-day weekend! See you back on Tuesday, September 6!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School