Updates and Happenings
- FCS had its first monthly fire drill today. FCS also conducts other safety drills which are laid out in our safety manual. We conduct Code Red, shelter in place, safety drills quarterly as well as Code Yellow, tornado threat, drills twice yearly.
- You can find archived newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- Eighth grade students have spent the last two days at River Valley Ranch Retreat Center in Manchester, MD. This has been a time of fun, fellowship, and spiritual renewal. The middle school staff, FBC pastors, as well as our awesome Nurse Barrant have worked incredibly hard to make this retreat happen and happen safely. I am so thankful to them for their hard work and dedication to our families for adding these special events to our academic programming here at FCS.
- Sixth grade students have utilized our newly cleaned out third floor craft room to make cave pictures out of clay.
- Seventh grade science students used salt dough to investigate how to make scale models of the Earth’s layers.
- K through 8th grade students were delighted to return to our library for programming this week after a year and a half away.
- Mrs. Groom is planning time to teach 3rd through 5th grade elementary students technology standards in library this year. We want to ensure the students are ready for middle school technology requirements like keyboarding and research skills.
- Eighth grade Bible students utilized our upgraded courtyard space for Bible class this week.
- Our boys’ soccer team got to play their first game last Friday. Girls’ soccer plays this spring. For all Falcons sports news and updates, be sure and check out https://fcsathletics.school/
- Middle school electives for fall have begun. Students have a variety of choices such as art, physical conditioning, chess, drama, robotics, coding, cooking, yearbook, band, student aide, and textile art.
- It’s Hispanic Heritage Month! Check out our social media pages for a daily Hispanic Heritage highlight!
- For some great pictures and video, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Mid quarter progress reports will be emailed out on Friday, October 8 for grades 1-8.
- There will be no school on October 14-15 for professional development days for FCS staff.
- Friday, November 5, early dismissal at 11:30 am. End of quarter.
- Thursday, November 11 early dismissal at 11:30 for parent teacher conferences
- Friday, November 12, not school for parent teacher conferences.
A note from Forcey Bible Church Pastor Foster:https://www.forcey.org/media/blog/greater/
Mr. Lawrence provided devotions to the staff today. He encouraged the staff to find purpose in times of waiting on God. He has been faithful and has kept his covenant to those before us. He will continue.
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. ~Deuteronomy 7:9
Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. ~Joshua 21:45
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!