Updates and Happenings
Late arrivals and early pick up: Parents you are doing a great job with this!! Thank you!
- When your middle school student arrives after 8:12 am and your elementary student arrives after 8:30 am, they are considered late and should be brought around to the main entrance. Parents will need to complete a late pass which can be found at the bottom of our homepage or at: https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/late-pass/ This can be done anywhere from your smart phone. If your child needs to be picked up early for any reason, please complete the early pick up/dismissal form at https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/early-dismissal/ or at the bottom of our homepage. This notifies the office and your child’s teacher so we can have the child ready for you when you arrive.
Around the Building
I love walking around the building and seeing what the students, your children, are doing in classes each day. Here’s a sneak peek at what I saw this week:
- Ms. Bates’ was using her smart board with her second-grade students to make ten’s.
- 8th grade science students were participating in a super worm lab. Students collected data to analyze and create distance/time and position/time graphs.
- Pastor Lonnie Harris spoke in chapel on what is means to be a part of the family of God and gave us a little insight into what it was like growing up in his family and some lessons learned.
- 8th grade Bible students worked in our updated courtyard space for class this week on personal journal assignments.
- 8th grade science students collected data to calculate and compare average speeds of different wind-up toys.
- Mrs. Groom began library programs, in the library, after an 18 month pause. We are so excited to have students moving throughout our building again this year!
- Second grade PE students were learning basketball dribble skills when I stopped by the gym this week.
- It’s red day in the PreK today!
- It’s Hispanic Heritage Month! Check out our social media pages for a daily Hispanic Heritage highlight!
- For some great pictures and video, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Mid quarter progress reports will be emailed out on Friday, October 8 for grades 1-8.
- There will be no school on October 14-15 as they are professional development days for FCS staff.
A note from Forcey Bible Church Pastor Foster:
Ms. Bates provided encouragement for staff devotions today. Decree and declare! Is there anything you need to decree and declare over your life or the life of your family today: healing, blessing, strength, provision, wisdom, or equipping? God’s word has everything we need to live victoriously as Christians in Jesus’ name.
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. ~Psalm 84:11
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!