Updates and Happenings
- Remember, FCS is partnering with All About Lunch for our hot lunch service this year. If you haven’t tried it for your child’s hot lunch, they have a variety of menu options and flexible choices for signing up. Just go to https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ to sign up and schedule lunches. October’s menu is attached.
- FCS has a subscription to Right Now Media and all its paid digital Christian content. Just go to https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/Forceychristianschool for your free invite.
- Correction: After-school library services to families will be Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:15-3:45 pm.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- Seventh grade students have had a blast at Spruce Lake this week. Be sure and check out our Facebook and Instagram pages for a fun look into their trip. They return home later this afternoon.
- First and second grade students will be participating in a service project this month called Socktober. Students will gather socks and other warm items for those living in shelters so they can stay warm this fall and winter. Their goal will be to gather at least 100 pairs of socks to give away. They will also accept gloves, hats, mittens, blankets, or any other donations families are willing to give. They will celebrate Socktober in class by reading books that relate to socks like “Simon Sock” or “Fox in Socks” to generate enthusiasm for the service project.
- Seventh grade science students used neon chalk markers to review how to solve for density when given mass and volume this week in science class.
- Basketball is returning to FCS this year! Tryouts for our winter boys’ and girls’ basketball programs are happening later this month. For all Falcons sports news and updates, be sure and check out https://fcsathletics.school/
- It’s Hispanic Heritage Month! Check out our social media pages for a daily Hispanic Heritage highlight!
- For some great pictures and video, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Mid quarter progress reports will be emailed out on Friday, October 8 for grades 1-8.
- There will be no school on October 14-15 for professional development days for FCS staff.
- October 12 - Ledo’s parent teacher organization (PTO) fundraiser!
- Friday, November 5, early dismissal at 11:30 am. End of quarter.
- Thursday, November 11 early dismissal at 11:30 for parent teacher conferences
- Friday, November 12, not school for parent teacher conferences.
A note from Forcey Bible Church Pastor Foster: https://www.forcey.org/media/blog/toward-the-goal/
I’m so familiar with Philippians 4:6-7 which encourages us not to worry but give our cares and anxieties to the Lord, but I often stop at verse 7. This week I read further down to verses 8-9 which gave me some good perspective. What can I replace my worries with when they don’t seem to go away, I can replace them with things that are true, noble, right, lovely and praiseworthy. Replacing my worries with the Truth is what leads to ultimate peace that passes all understanding.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. ~Philippians 4:8-9
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!