Updates and Happenings
- The FCS library is sponsoring a book fair on October 25 through November 1. Go to https://fcs.school/book-fair/ or check your emails from Mrs. Groom for specific details.
- FCS has a subscription to Right Now Media and all its paid digital Christian content. Just go to https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/Forceychristianschool for your free invite.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- The girls’ volleyball team beat Arlington Baptist 2-0 this week and the boys’ soccer team beat Southern Maryland Christian Academy 5-2. Congratulations and Go Falcons!
- PreK4 classes went to the farm this week and had a great time!
- Ten students from Coding Elective are participating in the Brooks Codes Hackathon this weekend, which is hosted by Springbrook High School. Teams of students will be given a challenge on Saturday morning and have until Sunday afternoon to write a program and submit it. Students of varying levels of coding experience are participating and will be submitting projects using Scratch, Python and Lua. Thank you to Mrs. Haftel and her coding elective for preparing her coding students for the challenge!
- Eighth grade Bible students were working in collaborative groups on student generated questions when I stopped by this week.
- PreK4 students were practicing with rhythm sticks in music class this week. Check out our social media for a cute video.
- Eighth grade science students used the playground slide for a lab to demonstrate how friction affects speed this week.
- Fifth grade social studies students made USA relief maps out of clay this week.
- Basketball is returning to FCS this year! Tryouts for our winter boys’ and girls’ basketball programs are happening later this month. For all Falcons sports news and updates, be sure and check out https://fcsathletics.school/
- It’s Hispanic Heritage Month! Check out our social media pages for a daily Hispanic Heritage highlight!
- For some great pictures and video, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Mid quarter progress reports will be emailed out today for grades 1-8.
- There will be no school on October 14-15 for professional development days for FCS staff.
- October 12 - Ledo’s parent teacher organization (PTO) fundraiser!
- Friday, November 5, early dismissal at 11:30 am. End of quarter.
- Thursday, November 11 early dismissal at 11:30 for parent teacher conferences
- Friday, November 12, not school for parent teacher conferences.
A note from Forcey Bible Church Pastor Foster: https://www.forcey.org/media/blog/all-hard-work/
There are times when we just need to slow down and take a break. I hope this weekend can be a chance for you and your family to do that. May God be your source for restoration this weekend.
He restores my soul. ~Psalm 23:3
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!