Updates and Happenings
- FCS is looking to hire additional substitute teachers. If you enjoy working with children, supporting the FCS staff, and a flexible working schedule, please contact email@example.com.
- We are excited to get our new parent teacher organization (PTO) fully launched! For more information on what the PTO is up to and how to get involved, go to https://fcs.school/pto/
- Thank you to all those who supported our Ledo’s fundraiser to support the PTO. More news on how much was raised will come out next week!
- Next week is Spirit Week! This will culminate in fall parties, for PreK through 5th grade, including the fall parade of costumes on Friday, October 29 at 1:00 pm. Parents, feel free to attend the outside parade, however inside party helpers must be coordinated through the classroom teacher.
- Monday - hat day
- Tuesday - sports day
- Wednesday - super hero day
- Thursday - school colors - blue, white, gold
- Friday – costumes, please refer to the parent handbook for costume guidelines
- Forcey Bible Church is once again sponsoring Trunk or Treat on Saturday, October 30, 2021 from 4-5:30 pm! – A free, fun and family-friendly community event…great for even the youngest of children! Theme decorated cars will line the parking lot while families and friends go trunk to trunk in costume, collecting candy! See more details here! Hope to see you there!!
- The FCS library is sponsoring our annual book fair on October 25 through November 1.Go to https://fcs.school/book-fair/ or check your emails from Mrs. Groom for specific details.
- Book fair volunteers are needed!!! Please contact Hannahfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- Elementary library students read a poem and books about the Pumpkin Gospel, looked up the scriptures in Superbook, and discussed how Christians are like pumpkins. Lastly, students observed, smelled, and felt the pumpkin pulps and seeds.
- 6th Grade Foundations students investigated various scenarios that involved citations and plagiarism in class this week.
- Fifth grade social studies students learned the difference between longitude and latitude by using hoola hoops!
- Kindergarten and PreK students took a trip to the farm/pumpkin patch this week!
- Fifth grade music students began bucket drumming in class this week.
- 8th grade science students experimented with inertia using Matchbox cars.
- Our upper elementary and middle school bands are working hard preparing Christmas music for a special program. More news on that soon!
- For some great pictures and video, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Friday, November 5, early dismissal at 11:30 am. End of quarter.
- Thursday, November 11 early dismissal at 11:30 for parent teacher conferences
- Friday, November 12, no school for parent teacher conferences.
- November 22-26, No School, Thanksgiving Break
Messages from the FCS PTO:
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Ledo Pizza fundraiser! We raised $326.59 on our first fundraiser of the year. We hope you enjoyed dining at Ledo Pizza! We appreciate your support!
The FCS PTO is holding a "Join the PTO" Zoom meeting on Tuesday, October 26 at 7:30 pm. Members of the PTO steering committee and administration will be there to give you more information on how you can join and volunteer to help. We look forward to working together to support our students, parents, and teachers. We hope you can attend the meeting. Please use this link to join:
Topic: Join the PTO Zoom Meeting
Time: Oct 26, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 720 9051 1425
October is Pastor Appreciate Month where we celebrate and honor our pastors for what they mean to our families, our churches, and our communities. Take time this month to show your pastor your support, love, and appreciation for his dedication to your church and ministry!
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!