Updates and Happenings
- We are grateful to God to be able to be together and to have the opportunity to strengthen the FCS community as we continue to transition after a time of separation. Join us after school on Thursday, October 21st at 3:15 p.m. to pray, welcome new families, and welcome Mr. Lawrence, our new assistant principal, to the FCS community. While you are there, please also stop by the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) information table. FCS is excited to be establishing its first PTO, and we look forward to encouraging teachers, supporting students, and creating community for all FCS families through this new group.
- The FCS library is sponsoring a book fair on October 25 through November 1. Go to https://fcs.school/book-fair/ or check your emails from Mrs. Groom for specific details.
- Book fair volunteers are needed!!! Please contact Hannahemail@example.com.
- FCS is looking to hire additional substitute teachers. If you enjoy working with children, supporting the FCS staff, and a flexible working schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please refer to my email sent Wednesday regarding new arrival procedures beginning this coming Monday, October 18!
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- Last weekend, students from the FCS coding elective participated in the Brooks Codes Hackathon hosted by Springbrook High School. Teams of students were given a challenge and had until Sunday afternoon to write a program and submit it. FCS students won half the prizes for the Brook Codes Hackathon, which had about 150 participants!! Oliver F., Nathan P. and alumni, Alex J., got first place in the advanced "Educating Today's Society" challenge for their Virus Takedown program. Christian B. and Susanne B. won the beginner "Expand Your Bounds" category for their Robot Translating Simulator. Nathan J. got Honorary Mention Beginner for his Color Tile Game. We are so proud of them all, including those who didn't place but put in a lot of work on some great projects! A great big thank you to Mrs. Amy Haftel for preparing the coding students so well for this challenge. Thank you Mrs. Haftel!!
- It’s Hispanic Heritage Month! Check out our social media pages for a daily Hispanic Heritage highlight!
- For some great pictures and video, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Friday, November 5, early dismissal at 11:30 am. End of quarter.
- Thursday, November 11 early dismissal at 11:30 for parent teacher conferences
- Friday, November 12, no school for parent teacher conferences.
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or "What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~Matthew 6:31–34 (NIV)
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!