Updates and Happenings
- Please check my email dated 11/11/21 regarding classes next week.
- Vaccination update: The CDC has authorized the Pfizer vaccine for children ages 5-11. Parents should first check if their child’s pediatrician is providing the COVID vaccine. If not, an appointment can be made with another vaccine provider. Check this website for details https://montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/vaccine/children.html Clinical trials in children ages 5-11 years found the vaccine to be 90.7% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19. Please check with your child’s pediatrician if you are unsure about whether to vaccinate your child against Covid-19. The more people who are vaccinated in our building each day will result in fewer disruptions to in-person learning this year and beyond.
- Message from All About Lunch regarding purchased meals next week: https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/email/forcey-christian-lunch-cancellations-for-the-next-week/
- Text alert update: The FCS office has sent several parent alert texts over the last few weeks. If you have not received them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharmilaemail@example.com to ensure your cell phone number is in our FACTS database so you can receive up to date text alerts.
- Remember you can help support FCS while you shop at Amazon through smile.amazon.com. Just search for the Forcey Educational Association in the list of charities and shop Amazon through the smile link.
- Congratulations to our first quarter high honor roll and honor roll recipients. See attached list.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- For some great pictures and video of daily happenings at FCS, be sure to like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- There will be virtual classes only for kindergarten through 8th grade for November 15-19. Refer to my email sent out 11/11/21.
- November 22-26, No School, Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, December 9 from 6:00-7:30 pm is our first of two open house events. Tell your friends and family who might be interested in finding out more about Forcey Christian School to save the date!
- December 20 through December 31 is our Christmas Break. Classes resume on Monday, January 3, 2021
Each day is a gift from God and my relationship with Him brings hope and peace that He is ordering my steps and allows circumstances that will teach me patience and ultimately bring glory to Him. May the words from Isaiah 32 bring peace to you today.
The Lord‘s justice will dwell in the desert, his righteousness lives in the fertile field. The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. ~Isaiah 32:16-17
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!