Updates and Happenings
- As a follow up to emailed communication that went out on Monday, July 19, 2021, Mr. Scott has accepted another position for the upcoming school year as of today. We are sad he is leaving but want to celebrate with him for this new opportunity. We also want to thank him for his contributions to our community over the last three years.
The school board has launched a hiring process and are working to find the best candidate who is a great fit for our diverse and wonderful community. We will keep the community abreast of news regarding this important open position.
- FCS is also looking for a part time band teacher to bring back our band program for fourth through eighth grade students. If you know of anyone who might be interested, they can go to https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/ or email me at email@example.com.
- Middle School Electives Update: Families of middle school students were sent a separate email today with an elective choice form link. FCS staff will do their best to place students in their top choices. Note, MS band will be offered upon the hiring of a new band teacher.
- Attached please read the uniform flyer from Flynn O’Hara. Be sure and order early so that your child’s uniforms arrive on time!
- The theme for our 2021-22 school year is We Are Family. This is based on Romans 12:4-5: For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. You will be hearing more about our yearly theme in the coming months.
- Forcey Christian School is excited to partner with All About Lunch for our lunch services in the upcoming school year. Feel free to check out the attached flyer, go to their website at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/, and even set up your student’s lunch account. You can bypass the teacher field for now but it is important to update that field when class lists are published.
- FCS summer office hours are Monday through Friday 8-2. Feel free to call or email office staff over the summer as we will not be servicing walk-in visitors.
- Fall Mask Guidelines: Nurse Barrant and I are monitoring the latest CDC health guidelines for schools and what our local counties are doing. We will communicate a specific plan in next Friday’s newsletter. The first day of school is Monday, August 30, 2021.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all summer long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Tuesday, August 3 from 4-6:30 pm: Last day of the used uniform sale
- Friday, August 27 from 1-3 pm. Student/Parent open house. 1 parent or family member, student and parent must be masked to enter
- Back to School Nights:
- PreK 3, PreK 4, Kindergarten: Thursday, August 26, 2021
- ES and MS: Thursday, September 2, 2021
- First Day of School: Monday, August 30, 2021
My faith brings me great peace in a time where there is much uncertainty. I rest in the knowledge that the Lord is my shepherd and watches over me. When I rest in Him, He provides great peace and rest.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. ~Psalm 23
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!