Updates and Happenings
- As a follow up to emailed communication that went out on Monday, July 19, 2021, Mr. Scott has accepted another position for the upcoming school year and is leaving FCS. We are sad he is leaving but want to celebrate with him for this new opportunity. We also want to thank him for his contributions to our community over the last three years.
- The school board and I have launched a hiring process and are working to find the best candidate who is a great fit for our diverse and wonderful community. We will keep the community abreast of news regarding this important open position.
- FCS is also looking for a part time band teacher to bring back our band program for fourth through eighth grade students. If you know of anyone who might be interested, they can go to https://fcs.school/about-2/employment/ or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The theme for our 2021-22 school year is We Are Family. This is based on Romans 12:4-5: For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. You will be hearing more about our yearly theme in the coming months!
- Forcey Christian School is excited to partner with All About Lunch for our lunch services in the upcoming school year. Feel free to check out the attached flyer, go to their website at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/, and even set up your student’s lunch account.
- FCS summer office hours are Monday through Friday 8-2. Feel free to call or email office staff over the summer as we will not be servicing walk-in visitors.
- Fall Mask Guidelines: Nurse Barrant and I are monitoring the latest CDC health guidelines for schools and what our local counties are doing. We will communicate a specific plan as we get closer to school starting. The first day of school is Monday, August 30, 2021.
Mark Your Calendar
Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all summer long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Back to School Nights:
- PreK 3, PreK 4, Kindergarten: Thursday, August 26, 2021
- ES and MS: Thursday, September 2, 2021
- First Day of School: Monday, August 30, 2021
- We welcome Mrs. Nicole Thornton as our new middle school history teacher this year. Mrs. Thornton has invested over 20 years in Christian education. Her objective has always been to use the talents the Lord Jesus Christ has given her to build authentic relationships with her students that will provide opportunities to share the love of Christ and learning. Her degree program included education and psychology. She grew-up in a Christian home and gave her life to Jesus as a teenager. She is a member of Lighthouse Church of Glen Burnie. She and her husband of 20 years have two daughters and a spoiled French bulldog.
- We said goodbye to a few staff members this past June. Mrs. Carol Cronin and Mrs. Terri Brodt retired after a combined 50 years of service to Forcey Christian School. We so appreciate their dedication to excellence in Christian Education and will miss them dearly next year. Mrs. Rebecca Munoz will be leaving FCS after 5 years with us. We appreciate her dedication to our kindergarten program during that time. Ms. Lyndsay Arnold is leaving FCS to be a little closer to home and pursue her master’s degree. She has been teaching in the middle school for 3 years. We are thankful for their service to our families here at FCS.
- Ms. Bynum will be moving to the fifth-grade opening and Ms. Chernesky will be moving to the second-grade opening.
We are moving closer and closer to the start of a brand new school year. I am so thankful that God brought us through the many challenges of last year. We continue to pray for favor and blessing as we begin a new school year. I’ve been reading a lot about Jehovah Jireh, my provider, more than enough. God has shown me much in His Word and reminds me of His provision and protection each day.
What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you. ~Genesis 28:15
For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD, You surround him with favor as with a shield ~Psalm 5:12
Have a restful weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
Run the Race with Eyes on Jesus!