Updates and Happenings
- We are excited to announce that Forcey Christian School has hired a new Admissions Coordinator! Her name is Carla Boxill. Some of you might know her as FCS parent of 2 of our students. We are looking forward to you interacting with her as you re-enroll your student, chat with her when you call the school office, and see how she is working to help us improve social media and marketing of the school. Please help us welcome Mrs. Boxill to the FCS school office!
- We have a few spaces left in after school clubs. Space is limited in each club so take a look at the attached flyer and see what FCS has to offer for the spring.
- Please send students with coats, hats, scarves, and gloves for outside recess. It is important that students get outside each day for fresh air and to have a mask break if desired.
- Remember, FCS is partnering with All About Lunch for our hot lunch services. They have flexible options. You can order 1 day a week or 5. You can check them out at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ Feb lunch menu attached.
- Mrs. Senio, our preschool director, is planning a preschool open house for February 7 from 8:00 am -9:30 am. This will give prospective preschool parents a chance to meet the director, have a donut and some coffee, and tour our preschool classrooms. Drop by any time between those hours. For more information contact Jenniferfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-enrollment for the 2022-23 school year has begun. For re-enrollment information, please contact email@example.com or visit https://fcs.school/re-registration/
- Don’t miss the opportunity to purchase your child’s class photo. Visit https://vando.imagequix.com/s1534448526 All orders will be shipped directly to your homes.
- Password – FCGroup2022
- Choose your child’s class.
- In addition to the classes the following groups were also photographed Safety Patrols, Boys and Girls basketball, Girls volleyball, Boys Soccer and NJHS.
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- Ms. Chernesky’s second grade social studies classes learned how Chinese people celebrate their biggest holiday, Chinese (Lunar) New year and related Chinese culture. The students also enjoyed coloring the Chinese character “Fu” which stands for blessings or luck.
- Boys’ and girls’ basketball teams had games this week. Girls played hard and kept it close through the first half. This is the second time they played this team and showed much improvement. Boys won big and looked strong! Go Falcons.
- I love walking through the building to see what instructional activities the teachers have planned. This week I saw third grade working on devices viewing charts and graphs for a science weather activity.
- First grade language arts students were participating in word games on the class iPads.
- 6th grade history students were learning about Chinese (Lunar) New Year.
- Check out our social media pages for second grade and middle school science lab pictures and video.
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS! This month we highlight Black History Month!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Monday, February 21 is a no school holiday for President’s Day.
Ms. Ritsema led the staff in devotions this week. She encouraged us by reading Joshua 1. God promised Joshua that just as He was with Moses, He would be with Joshua. This is a reminder for us as well. God continues to strengthen and provide for our needs, just as He did for those who came before.
No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. ~ Joshua 1:5
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!