Updates and Happenings
- Spring after school club information went out this week from Mrs. Roda. We are launching a new coding club for 3rd through 5th grade students. Please see the attached flyer. We are also launching a new Chinese club. Space is limited in each club so take a look at the attached flyer and see what FCS has to offer for the spring.
- Please send students with coats, hats, scarves, and gloves for outside recess. It is important that students get outside each day for fresh air and to have a mask break if desired.
- Remember, FCS is partnering with All About Lunch for our hot lunch services. They have flexible options. You can order 1 day a week or 5. You can check them out at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/
- Our January 20 open house was cancelled. If you know of prospective families that are interested in private school options for their children, have them go to https://fcs.school/application-process/visit-us/schedule-a-tour/ to schedule a tour or call the school office at 301-622-2281.
- Mrs. Senio, our preschool director, is planning a preschool open house for February 7 from 8:00 am -9:30 am. This will give prospective preschool parents a chance to meet the director, have a donut and some coffee, and tour our preschool classrooms. Drop by any time between those hours. For more information contact Jenniferemail@example.com.
- Re-enrollment for the 2022-23 school year has begun. For enrollment information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://fcs.school/re-registration/
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- This afternoon Mrs. Priscilla Wong, an environmental engineer from WSSC Water and FCS parent, will speak with our 5th graders. Through her presentation "Everyday Science Water Solutions," Mrs. Wong will demonstrate some of the ways the engineers change impure water to make it ready for consumption and usage. The 5th grade classes are currently studying Earth's Water and are excited to hear some ways to make the world a better place and to recognize their role in the process.
- Congratulations to all our second quarter high honor roll and honor roll recipients. Lists are attached.
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Update
The monthly FCS Parent Teacher Organization meeting is next Tues., Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. All parents and staff are welcome to attend.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 942 4763 4328
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Today, Friday January 21, is a half day for students. Teachers will use the afternoon to prepare second quarter report cards.
- Monday, February 21 is a no school holiday for President’s Day.
Mrs. Groom shared devotions with the staff today. She read us a children’s book about endings which lead to new beginnings. An ending doesn’t have to be a bad thing. It can lead to a fresh new beginning.
So is my word that goes out from my mouth. It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.~Isaiah 55:11.
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!
After School Coding Class Flyer
Spring 2022 After School Clubs Catalog
ES High Honor and Honor Roll Q2 2021-22