Updates and Happenings
- Re-enrollment for the 2022-23 school year is ongoing. To begin the re-enrollment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://fcs.school/re-registration/ Re-registration is not complete without payment of the $300 registration fee. Some classes are filling up, so it is important to re-register as soon as possible.
- Lost and found items will be displayed on the front walkway next week. Anything left at spring break will be donated to a local charity. There are many unclaimed FCS fleece and sweaters there!
- April 25-29 is standardized testing week for grades 1-8. Please do your best to get children here on time and avoid doctor’s appointments that week. Make-up tests are time consuming and remove students from classroom instruction post testing week. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- Service Opportunity: Forcey Bible Church is partnering with Park Heights Saints Community Center in Baltimore. Let’s show them how we can support this important ministry just a few miles up the road from FCS. Donations can be dropped off in the FCS lobby for the next 2 weeks.
- Individually wrapped snacks for after school
- Cake mixes, frosting, cookies
- Canned soup or vegetables
- Spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, sloppy joe
- Spaghetti, macaroni, noodles, rice
- Juice boxes, bottled water
- Breakfast bars
- Tuna, dried beans
- Cereal, crackers
- Thank you for your support of the first PTO restaurant fundraiser of the year at Ledo Pizza. $500 was raised which the Ledo manager said was one of the biggest fundraising amounts he’s experienced. Way to go FCS!!
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
- PTO: April’s FCS Parent Teacher Organization Zoom meeting will be held on Tues., April 5 at 7 p.m. All parents and FCS staff are welcome to attend. Come learn how you can support upcoming school and PTO events and hear other updates!
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 933 6489 9422
- Visit the PTO page on the Forcey Christian School website to learn more, read the Bylaws or become a member.
- Kona Ice fundraiser at school on Friday, April 8, 11:30 a.m., during half-day school pickup before break. See attached flyer.
- PTO Request: Please help our school librarian, Mrs. Groom, continue her efforts to offer a wonderful library system for our students and FCS families this year, and for years to come! There are new Library projects for parent volunteers to support between now until the end of the school year. Volunteer Sign-up : https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080e49a4ad23a1fb6-library
Around the Building
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Friday, April 8 is a half day for end of third quarter preparations. Kona Ice fundraiser!
- April 11-18 is Easter Break. Classes resume on Tuesday, April 19.
- April 25-29 is standardized testing week for grades 1-8. Please do you best to get children here on time and avoid doctor’s appointments and optional trips that week. Make-up tests are time consuming and remove students from classroom instruction post testing week.
- May 5 and 6 is our annual FCS Fun Run. Check out https://fcs.school/annual-fund/ for more information.
- Monday, May 30 is Memorial Day no school holiday.
- June 10 is a half day of instruction for end of quarter preparations.
- June 15 is a half day and the last day of school.
Easter is right around the corner. The building is starting to look like spring with themed projects and art work. As a Christian school, during the spring season we celebrate and remember the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ! I’m so thankful for God’s sacrificial work on my behalf and His plan for my salvation. Let’s celebrate Easter together!
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood-to be received by faith. ~Romans 3:23-25a
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!