Updates and Happenings
- October 20 is our annual Fun Run Raiser!! For information on how the monies will be spent and prizes for top earners, go to: https://fcs.school/annual-fund/ Donation links are live: https://bngn.blackbaud.school/?id=acqn0zjoitt#/home/ See attached flyer for more information. Let the competition begin!
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Tired of making student lunches every day? FCS has a hot lunch program. Check out the menu at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ You can purchase up to midnight the night before. Order once a week or all 5 days. The October menu is attached.
- Please drive slowly and carefully through our parking lot during arrival and dismissal. Follow parking lot safety protocol as explained in our parent handbook. You can find the handbook at https://fcs.school/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/FCS-Parent-Student-Handbook-23-24.pdf
- Dismissal Reminder: Policy states that PreK and ES students will be signed in to after care by 3:10 pm and middle school students will be signed in to after care by 3:30 pm if a parent has not arrived for pick up.
- Dismissal Reminder: After pick up, promptly exit the school grounds with your children at dismissal. This is to protect the safety and security of all students. PreK and elementary students should be off site by 3:15 pm and middle school students should be off site by 3:30 pm. Once the dismissal exchange has occurred, supervision by Forcey Christian School staff ends.
- Mrs. Groom, our librarian, welcomes extra support with mending or taping books, reshelving books, and reading to PreK-3rd grade classes. If you are able to serve in this capacity, please contact her at Hannah-Groom@fcs.school or sign up using this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E49A4AD23A1FB6-44400805-library
- The next general PTO membership meeting is next Tuesday, October 3, at 7:00 pm.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 894 8172 4894
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Questions about the FCS PTO, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://fcs.school/pto
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- September 27-29: 7th and 8th grade retreat to North Bay Retreat Center
- September 27-29: 6th grade Spruce Lake Outdoor School
- Friday, October 13 is a no school day for teacher professional development and training.
- Our yearly fall fundraiser, the Forcey Forward Fun Run is currently scheduled for Friday, October 20 (date change). For more information about our Forcey Forward annual fund, please visit https://fcs.school/annual-fund/
- October 2-31: Socktober donation collection!
- November 3, 2023, is the end of the first quarter. No first quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- November 9 (half day of school) and 10 (no school) are reserved for parent teacher conferences.
- November 20 – 24 is our Thanksgiving Holiday Break. There will be no school that week.
- December 20 – January 2, FCS will be closed for Christmas break. School resumes on Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
Are you ready to put our school theme “Live to Serve” into action? During the month of October, we will be working on a service project called Socktober! Socks are an under-donated item that are needed in homeless shelters.To participate in Socktober you can purchase socks of all sizes for all ages to be donated to one of 2 homeless shelters nearby: New Day in Laurel and Sarah’s House in Ft. Meade.
What to do: Bring brand-new socks to school to drop off in your designated location during the month of October. Socks can be found in pretty much any store including the dollar store, Target, Costco etc…
* Students in elementary and pre-school classes will drop their socks off in bins located near their classrooms.
* Middle school students will drop their socks off in bins that are designated for their house!
Our school-wide goal is to donate 2,500 socks between Monday, October 2 and Tuesday, October 31.
NOTE: We will also accept any new or used warm-weather items that you’d like to donate, but they will not be counted toward our sock goal. Let’s show Christ’s love in a meaningful way this October. For Socktober questions and information, contact email@example.com
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” ~1 Peter 4:10-11
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
Live to Serve!