Updates and Happenings
- Last Friday night’s spring Gala was a huge success. Many hands helped to ensure a successful evening. I did want to give a few shout outs. Thank you to Mr. Lawrence. The whole evening was his vision. He developed a team to execute. Thank you to Mrs. Martha Arteaga! She oversaw the decorations, drinks, desserts and so much more. Thank you to Mr. Mel Masta who was on the planning team and did a lot of behind-the-scenes work. Thank you to the teachers who attended and helped with set up. And a big thank you to Mrs. Ford who led and prepared our preK choir. Thank you to the PTO leadership team for your support of the event and with set up and clean up. Thank you to all of you who supported the evening, bid on auction items, purchased tickets, and helped with set up and take down.
- Thank you to everyone who donated items for our school garden! We have some very sweet additions to make it an inviting space for both students and birds! Special thanks to Mr. Leslie Glover and Ms. Lynn Illback who came last weekend and worked in the garden to spruce it up! It is looking ready to come alive with plants. We are so grateful for the support of the Forcey community.
- The Forcey Christian School National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Silver Spring Christian Reformed Church food pantry. We will accept donations through June 6. A flyer is attached. Let’s really show up and show the community that FCS cares!
- Teacher Appreciation week is next week, May 8-12. The administration and PTO have planned some special treats for the teachers and aides. We welcome you to have your student write a note or give a small gift to let the teachers know just how much they are appreciated and valued.
- Forcey Day Camp summer 2023 registration is now open for students who have completed kindergarten through 6th grade. For a fun summer filled with thrills, fun, and learning about God, visit http://forceydaycamp.org/
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Today we say a special good-bye to Mrs. Sharmila Roda. She has accepted another position and today is her last day in the FCS office. She has worked alongside me for the last 6 years, improving office systems, greeting prospective families, ordering supplies, on-boarding staff, helping parents with FACTS issues, scheduling classes, finalizing report cards, and so much more! We wish her well. She will be greatly missed. We are in the process of hiring a new administrative assistant. More information will be coming soon.
- Sun., May 7, 6pm: “Chalk the Walk” Bring your entire family with sidewalk chalk to the school and write Teacher Appreciation Week messages for the staff on any walkway for them to read on Monday morning
- Sat., May 20, 3-7 p.m. - PTO’s Spring Fling Carnival for all ages. (Rain date: June 10) see attached flyer for more info.
- Volunteer for an hour or donate a cake for the “Cake Walk.” Sign-up coming soon from the Events and Fundraising Committees. Plan to join us for this fun, community-building event!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- Sat., May 20, 3-7 p.m. - PTO’s Spring Fling Carnival for all ages. Flyer attached.
- June 2, 4th grade State Fair
- MS Drama Elective presents “Box”on May 23 and 24 at 7:00 pm.
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
- June 7 is the last day of the fourth quarter.
- June 9 is a half day for end of quarter and report card prep.
- June 14 is a half day and the last day of the 2022-2023 school year!
This morning in staff devotions we discussed setting healthy boundaries with our time. We can’t do everything, even things that have spiritual significance. We have to learn how to say no and not feel fearful or guilty. We all must be able to sustain and balance work/life. Not doing so can lead to stresses that take a toll on us mentally and physically. Give yourself the grace to set healthy boundaries with your time. God already does!
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. ~ Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School