Updates and Happenings
- Our annual spring gala takes place tonight! We are looking forward to sharing dinner together, fellowship, student performances, and a silent auction. If you were unable to attend, please consider a donation to the annual fund at https://bngn.blackbaud.school/?id=rdr0vjwjmur#/home/ and spread the word! For more information on how funds will be utilized, go to https://fcs.school/annual-fund/
- Teacher Appreciation week is May 8-12. The administration and PTO have planned some special treats for the teachers. We welcome you to have your student write a note or give a small gift to let the teachers know just how much they are appreciated and valued.
- Latest FCS Athletics blogpost - https://fcsathletics.school/forceys-soccer-and-flag-football-teams/
- Forcey Day Camp summer 2023 registration is now open for students who have completed kindergarten through 6th grade. For a fun summer filled with thrills, fun, and learning about God, visit http://forceydaycamp.org/
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Today is the last day to order the 22-23 yearbook! https://bngn.blackbaud.school/?id=cnx3cevea1w
- Today is the deadline for submitting financial aid applications and all required. For financial aid questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, 5/5 - Cultural Awareness Day - students should come dressed in any cultural outfit. Please bring a "tasting" of a food that represents your heritage to share with your class. ALL FOOD SHOULD BE DROPPED OFF NO LATER THAN 9:30. Labeled with ingredients and homeroom teacher's name. Grades Kindergarten - 5th grade will be doing a cultural dance outside at 2:15. Parents are invited to watch.
- May Lunch menu is attached!
- Volunteers are needed for the FCS garden. Visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E49A4AD23A1FB6-fcsgardening
- Sat., May 20, 3-7 p.m. - PTO’s Spring Fling Carnival for all ages. (Rain date: June 10) Help PTO spread the word to find sponsors or have your business be involved. See attached flyer for more info.
- Volunteer for an hour or donate a cake for the “Cake Walk.” Sign-up coming soon from the Events and Fundraising Committees. Plan to join us for this fun, community-building event!
- Tues., May 2, 7p.m. - PTO zoom meeting. Vote on special classroom project funding requests and learn about the ways you and your PTO are supporting students in the classroom. Join with this link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82335960635?pwd=TlVoVWYySXJHSzlXL0daM2R1ei9tZz09
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- Tuesday, 5/2 - All school chapel - 1st-3rd grade spring concert
- Thursday, 5/4 - 1st-3rd Grade Spring Concert - students should arrive by 6:30 to their classroom
- Cultural Awareness Day is Friday, May 5th. For questions, contact email@example.com.
- Sat., May 20, 3-7 p.m. - PTO’s Spring Fling Carnival for all ages.
- June 2, 4th grade State Fair
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
- June 7 is the last day of the fourth quarter.
- June 9 is a half day for end of quarter and report card prep.
- June 14 is a half day and the last day of the 2022-2023 school year!
Psalm 62 was shared in staff devotions today. David was facing tough times. He wrote this Psalm while being chased by Saul, and he feared for his life. I like that it reads like a conversation. He trusts God, he is fearful, then he reminds himself to trust again. May it be a reminder for you today.
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. How long will you assault me? Would all of you throw me down this leaning wall, this tottering fence? Surely they intend to topple me from my lofty place; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse. Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. ~Psalm 62:1-8
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School