Updates and Happenings
- There are a few employment opportunities at FCS for the 2023-2024 school year: long term MS substitute for 8th grade language arts, a library aide/assistant, and a part time band teacher. You can find the job descriptions at https://fcs.school/employment/ Interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forcey Day Camp summer 2023 registration is now open for students who have completed kindergarten through 6th grade. For a fun summer filled with thrills, fun, and learning about God, visit http://forceydaycamp.org/
- This Sunday Forcey Bible Church will celebrate Pentecost Sunday. Please see the attached flyer. FBC will be celebrating with message translations, colorful clothing, songs and Scriptures in many languages! The 9:15am sermon will be translated into Spanish, Amharic, and ASL while the 11am sermon will be translated into French, Telugu, and ASL. We’d love to have you join us!
- Is your upcoming middle schooler planning to play a fall sport next school year? All student-athletes who desire to participate in any school sport are required to have an annual medical evaluation performed by a licensed physician, certified physician assistant under the supervision of a licensed physician, or certified nurse practitioner. An FCS ATHLETIC PERMISSION FORM is used to submit evidence of this examination. Athletic Permission Forms must be SIGNED by the physician/practitioner and submitted PRIOR to participation or tryouts. For more information or questions, contact email@example.com https://fcsathletics.school/athletic-forms/
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- New visitor check-in procedures: Beginning fall 2023, all visitors who wish to sign in and enter the building will be asked to check in with our new Raptor Visitor Management System. Each visitor wishing access to the building will need to show a driver’s license or other picture ID. The ID will be scanned and checked. The system will print a visitor sticker badge with picture. The security guard will begin a trial period over the next few weeks. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work to keep our building safe for faculty and students.
- The library needs help organizing books in the next few weeks in preparation for the 23-24 school year. You are welcome to come in any time of the day, between 8:30 – 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Please email Mrs. Groom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!
- Forcey 360 before and after care delinquent balances need to be paid in full in order to receive student’s final report cards and transcripts. For questions regarding delinquent balances, please contact Forcey360@forcey.org
- The Forcey Christian School National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Silver Spring Christian Reformed Church food pantry. We will accept donations through June 6. A flyer is attached. Let’s really show up and show the community that FCS cares!
- Members of the FCS NJHS were able to deliver the donated uniforms to our adopted Baltimore City School. Thank you so much for your contributions! The students were thrilled! Here are a few other opportunities to help Image Makers Ministries support the Sandtown-Winchester School:
- PTO newsletter attached!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- June 2, 4th grade State Fair
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day Holiday. No school.
- June 7 is the last day of the fourth quarter.
- June 9 is a half day for end of quarter and report card prep.
- June 14 is a half day and the last day of the 2022-2023 school year!
May is such a busy month! I don’t know about you, but there just seems to be so much to do in May. It’s like the summer is a reward for the busyness of May and early June.
When life gets so busy and hectic, I like to meditate on God’s Word. It calms me down and resets my day. Puts me back on the right path.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. ~ Matthew 11:28-29
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
Have a wonderful long-weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School