Updates and Happenings
- Support FCS girls’ sports program at the car wash and bake sale tomorrow, June 3, from 9-1 here at FCS!
- Forcey Day Camp summer 2023 registration is now open for students who have completed kindergarten through 6th grade. For a fun summer filled with thrills, fun, and learning about God, visit http://forceydaycamp.org/
- There are still openings at My Day Out for 2- and 3-year-olds for the 2023-2024 school year. MDO is for 2- and 3-year old’s, designed to give caregivers time off and children a structured time away from their primary caregivers. MDO teachers are loving, Christian women who have a heart for children. My Day Out offers playtime, snack, Bible stories, singing, and craft time for your child. To register, visit www.forcey.org/mdo.
- Is your upcoming middle schooler planning to play a fall sport next school year? All student-athletes who desire to participate in any school sport are required to have an annual medical evaluation performed by a licensed physician, certified physician assistant under the supervision of a licensed physician, or certified nurse practitioner. An FCS ATHLETIC PERMISSION FORM is used to submit evidence of this examination. Athletic Permission Forms must be SIGNED by the physician/practitioner and submitted PRIOR to participation or tryouts. For more information or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org https://fcsathletics.school/athletic-forms/
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Registration for FCS weekly Summer Camps is open! There are classes available for students who have completed 1st through 8th grades. Each camp runs for 1 week, 2-3 hrs per day. Registration is completed through the Buy Now links included in the attached syllabus. Please note that FCS summer camps are not affiliated with Forcey Day Camp. For FCS summer camp questions, please contact email@example.com.
- It’s not too late to donate to the 2022-23 Forcey Forward Annual Fund. Donations will be accepted through June 30, 2023.To donate go to: https://bngn.blackbaud.school/?id=rdr0vjwjmur#/home/ Spread the word!
- The FCS office welcomes Diana Cortijo to the office admin team! Ms. Cortijo is a longtime member of the Forcey Bible Church Community. She has 25+ years of experience in administrative admin and human resource work. She is organized, helpful, friendly, and also speaks Spanish! We are excited for you to begin interacting and working with Ms. Cortijo.
- The library needs help organizing books in the next few weeks in preparation for the 23-24 school year. You are welcome to come in any time of the day, between 8:30 – 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Please email Mrs. Groom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!
- Forcey 360 before and after care delinquent balances need to be paid in full in order to receive student’s final report cards and transcripts. For questions regarding delinquent balances, please contact Forcey360@forcey.org
- We will accept donations for the food drive through next Tuesday, June 6. A flyer is attached. Let’s really show up and show the community that FCS cares!
- Here are a few other opportunities to help Image Makers Ministries support the Sandtown-Winchester School:
- Join the final PTO Zoom meeting of the school year on Tues., June 6 at 7p.m. Meet the new leadership and learn about what’s to come for next school year!
Link to join:
Meeting ID: 846 9958 5009
- Donate gently-used uniforms in the lobby bins beginning today and throughout June and July. PTO holds deeply-discounted sales in the summer. Watch for more information about sale dates in the summer Friday Updates email and on the school’s FB page. Want to help organize the sale? Email Nicole Brigner at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- June 3, car wash and bake sale to benefit the FCS girls’ sports programs.
- June 7 is the last day of the fourth quarter.
- June 9 is a half day for end of quarter and report card prep.
- June 14 is a half day and the last day of the 2022-2023 school year!
Wow, June has arrived. It seems like each day is busier than the day before. Remember to check our website calendar for all upcoming events. Summer is right around the corner!
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. ~Hebrew 13:20-21
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. ~Matthew 11:28-29
Have a wonderful weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School