Updates and Happenings
- Re-enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year begins Monday, January 9, 2023. Re-enrollment information was sent out yesterday. For re-enrollment questions, please contact Carlaemail@example.com or go to https://fcs.school/re-registration/
- Thursday, January 26 from 6-8:00 pm will be our main open house for prospective families. This is also an opportunity for current fifth grade students and parents to come check out Forcey Christian middle school or to check out our elementary school or preschool for new siblings. Tell your friends and family who are looking for private school options for their children.
- January 30-February 3 is spirit week. More information on each day’s emphasis coming soon! Let’s get ready to show some real FCS school spirit!
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Middle School Elective Choice Links for spring semester were emailed out on Monday, January 2, 2023, and will be live through Friday, January 13, 2023. You can access them at https://fcs.school/middle-school-elective-choices/
- The Holiday Raise Right (Scrip) Gift Card Fundraiser continues into the new year! You have the opportunity to purchase gift cards while supporting our school. The Raise Right fundraiser is contactless. You can purchase your gift cards at Scrip Gift Card Fundraising for Organizations • RaiseRight or with the mobile app, RaiseRight. The office will not be accepting orders. You purchase gift cards at face value and the brand gives back up to 20% to Forcey Christian School. For questions regarding the Raise Right Gift Card Fundraiser, please contact Sharmilafirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep in mind that Records/Transcript requests take 3-5 business days to process, so please allow enough time to meet your application deadlines.
- Tired of making kids lunches everyday? You can order once or multiple times in a month and up to midnight the night before. Check out our hot lunch program at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/
- The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is accepting unwanted, gently-used uniforms as it prepares for the Used Uniform Sale in late January!
- Drop off Time/Location: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Place uniforms in the bins in the lobby. Your uniform donations will help our FCS families offset the cost of purchasing all new full-priced uniforms mid-year.
- The proceeds from the sale will support school programs that benefit our students, teachers, special events sponsored by the PTO and more. Look for an announcement of the sale dates soon.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar
- Monday, January 16, no school for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
- The last day of the second quarter is Friday, January 20. No second quarter work will be accepted after Friday, January 20, 2023. Friday, January 20 is a half day for all students.
- Monday, February 20, no school for President’s Day.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of 24-28. Do you best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up test are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing.
As we begin a new year, many people set resolutions for themselves, ways to make positive change for the new year. This is a wonderful exercise but often not sustainable.
What I try to do each January is to remember lessons learned and work to become better by not repeating decisions in which I first learned the lesson. Isaiah 43 is a good reminder to move on from the past and know that God is doing a new thing in each of us. He will provide streams in the desert times of our lives.
Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. ~Isaiah 43:18-19
Have a great weekend and Happy New Year!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School