Updates and Happenings
- Re-enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year begins Monday, January 9, 2023. Be on the lookout for re-enrollment information after the Holiday break.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the building today. Christmas parties and activities are happening schoolwide!
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- Mid-quarter progress reports will be emailed out by close of business today.
- Middle School Elective Choice Links for spring semester will be emailed out on Monday, January 2, 2023, and will be live through Friday, January 13, 2023.
- The Holiday Raise Right (Scrip) Gift Card Fundraiser is going on now! During the weeks before Christmas, you have the opportunity to get some of your Christmas shopping done while supporting our school. The Raise Right fundraiser is contactless. You can purchase your gift cards at Scrip Gift Card Fundraising for Organizations • RaiseRight or with the mobile app, RaiseRight. The office will not be accepting orders. You purchase gift cards at face value and the brand gives back up to 20% to Forcey Christian School. For questions regarding the Holiday Raise Right Gift Card Fundraiser, please contact Sharmilafirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep in mind that Records/Transcript requests take 3-5 business days to process, so please allow enough time to meet your application deadlines.
- Tired of making kids lunches everyday? You can order once or multiple times in a month and up to midnight the night before. Check out our hot lunch program at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/ The January menu is attached!
- The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is accepting unwanted, gently-used uniforms as it prepares for the Used Uniform Sale in late January!
- Drop off Time/Location: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Place uniforms in the bins in the lobby. Your uniform donations will help our FCS families offset the cost of purchasing all new full-priced uniforms mid-year.
- The proceeds from the sale will support school programs that benefit our students, teachers, special events sponsored by the PTO and more. Look for an announcement of the sale dates soon.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar
- December 19-30 FCS will be closed for Christmas Break.
- School resumes on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- Monday, January 16, no school for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day
- The last day of the second quarter is Friday, January 20. No second quarter work will be accepted after Friday, January 20, 2023.
- Monday, February 20, no school for President’s Day.
I enjoy celebrating Advent in December with my family. Advent just means the introduction of or waiting for something important. The someone important is Jesus Christ!
- The first week of Advent, the candle represents Hope. A light shining in a dark place. We celebrate the hope we have in Jesus Christ, our Savior. (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- The second week of Advent, the candle represents Peace. The peace we have in Jesus Christ as believers. Peace that passes all understanding. Peace in the midst of the storm that earthly life sometimes brings. (Luke 2:14)
- The third week of Advent, the candle represents Love. God loved us so much that He sent His son to be a sacrifice for us and to bridge the gap between our sin and God. (John 3:16)
- The fourth week of Advent, the candle represents Joy. After years of waiting, the coming of Jesus brought joy to the people of Israel and brings joy to us today. (Luke 2:10-11)
- The fifth candle of Advent, the center candle, celebrates the coming of Christ on Christmas Day.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. ~Isaiah 9:6-7a
My prayer for the FCS community is that you can carve out some time, in the busyness of the season, to spend precious moments with your children. See the birth of our Savior through their eyes. Enjoy the lights, the smells, the food, the music, and the words of the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke chapter 2.
May your Christmas be blessed and your New Year be Happy!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School