Updates and Happenings
Our 2023 Fun Run was a big success. With your help, Forcey Christian School raised a total of $20,600! We want to reward some of our top fundraisers.
Our top ES fundraising student winners will receive a Chick Fil A gift card.
- Cora M.
- Lucy and Josephine S.
- Joshua L.
- Austin W.
Our top MS fundraising student winners will receive an Amazon gift card.
- Oliva C.
- Isabella D.
- Melinda Y.
- Nia W.
- Alexandra K.
Our top fundraising classes were fifth grade and sixth grade. Their prize is an indoor carnival prize. This is currently scheduled for Friday, January 26 during the school day!
Thank you all again for working to help our fall fun run to be so successful!
From the Office:
- The Forcey Spirit Wear website is active and ready for ordering! We are extremely excited to offer our official and approved Forcey Spirit Wear! The Website is www.forceyspiritwear.com
- You will have the option to ship to Forcey Christian School, we cannot guarantee an arrival and distribution date by the Christmas break. There will not be any staff available to distribute Spirit Wear during the Christmas Break.
- If there are any discrepancies with your order, please call the number on your receipt.
- Wearing Spirit Wear
- Spirit Wear can be worn every Friday during the 2023-2024 school year. Uniform bottoms will be worn with a Spirit Wear top. Spirit Wear can be worn with the PE uniform.
- FCS is hiring! The open position is posted on our website at https://fcs.school/student-accounts-manager-administrative-assistant/ Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
- During the weeks before Christmas, you can get some of your Christmas shopping done while supporting our school! Please spread the word to family and friends to join our program. Raise Right is fundraising while you shop! It is a no-selling program that allows families to raise money for their non-profit organization. It is another way to pay for everyday purchases using gift cards in place of cash, checks and credit cards.https://fcs.school/raise-right-fundraising/ The RaiseRight Gift Guides are attached.
- MS Parents and Students: Spring elective choice links were sent out last Monday morning, Dec. 4 and be live through Tuesday, Dec. 19.
- With thankful hearts, the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is organizing special days for the entire FSC staff to experience our gratitude this Christmas season. Here are links to sign up to contribute items or volunteer your time. Thanks for your support.
- Holiday Treats/Raffle Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080544A8A72DABFD0-46219824-sweet
- Staff Breakfast SignUp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E49A4AD23A1FB6-holiday1
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- December 20 – January 2, FCS will be closed for Christmas break. School resumes on Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
- January 14, 2024 is a no school holiday for Martin Luther King, Jr. day.
- January 19, 2024 is the end of the second quarter and a half day for students.
- February 19, 2024 is a no school holiday for President’s Day.
- March 25-April 1 is Easter Break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 2.
Monday is the last day we can accept gifts for the Toy Mania Christmas toy drive to benefit the students at our adopted school in inner city Baltimore. You can help by purchasing a gift from their wish list. https://www.amazon.com/registries/gl/guest-view/PS91IGTT7KD7
- Gifts should be delivered to FCS at 2130 E. Randolph Road, Silver Spring, MD 20904 between now and Monday, December 11. https://www.imagemakersministries.com/.
- If you purchase a gift apart from Amazon, they should be age appropriate, ages 3-14, not be “scary,” or of the spirit world, and brand new. Also, avoid anything that could be perceived as a weapon (guns or swords)
- FCS students will also have the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus by sorting and organizing toys and even delivering gifts to the students!
It’s advent season! Advent just means the introduction of or waiting for something important. The someone important is Jesus Christ!
- The first week of Advent, the candle represents Hope. A light shining in a dark place. We celebrate the hope we have in Jesus Christ, our Savior. (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- The second week of Advent, the candle represents Peace. The peace we have in Jesus Christ as believers. Peace that passes all understanding. Peace in the midst of the storm that earthly life sometimes brings. (Luke 2:14)
- The third week of Advent, the candle represents Love. God loved us so much that He sent His son to be a sacrifice for us and to bridge the gap between our sin and God. (John 3:16)
- The fourth week of Advent, the candle represents Joy. After years of waiting, the coming of Jesus brought joy to the people of Israel and brings joy to us today. (Luke 2:10-11)
- The fifth candle of Advent, the center candle, celebrates the coming of Christ on Christmas Day.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. ~Isaiah 9:6-7a
My prayer for the FCS community is that you can carve out some time, in the busyness of the season, to spend precious moments with your children. See the birth of our Savior through their eyes. Enjoy the lights, the smells, the food, the music, and the words of the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke chapter 2.
Have a great weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
Live to Serve!