The summer is well underway, and the FCS office is busy registering students, ordering curriculum and supplies, and completing building upgrades. Summer office hours are 8-2 daily.
Updates and Happenings
- From the Athletic Director: Is your upcoming middle schooler planning to play a fall sport next school year? All student-athletes who desire to participate in any school sport are required to have an annual medical evaluation performed by a licensed physician, certified physician assistant under the supervision of a licensed physician, or certified nurse practitioner. An FCS ATHLETIC PERMISSION FORM is used to submit evidence of this examination. Athletic Permission Forms must be SIGNED by the physician/practitioner and submitted PRIOR to participation or tryouts. For more information or questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download form – https://fcsathletics.school/athletic-forms/
- Please contact email@example.com with any changes to your contact information such as address or phone number.
- Did you know you can find helpful information on the parent resource page of our website at https://fcs.school/forcey-parent-resources/
- You can also find archived weekly newsletters on our website at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/ The July 28 newsletter contains information about new staff.
- We can use some volunteers to help assemble the new middle school tables we purchased from annual fund monies. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
We have one additional new staff to mention. The rest of the new staff information can be found in the July 28 newsletter at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Ethan Bryan has been hired as a long-term substitute beginning on August 28. He will be teaching Mrs. Brouillette’s 8th grade English, 6th grade Foundations, and drama elective classes while she is away on maternity leave. He is a graduate of Chapelgate Christian Academy and has studied English Education at UMBC. He is currently working as a counselor at Forcey Day Camp this summer. Ethan loves working with kids and helping them learn. He has been training with Mrs. B. over the summer and is excited about the opportunity.
- Today: Used Uniform Sale is Aug 4 from 3pm -6pm. Parents who have used uniforms to donate can drop items off in bins in the school lobby before Aug. 4.
- Please see PTO announcements attached to this email.
- Questions about the FCS PTO, email email@example.com
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- Thursday, August 24 is the parent orientation for all PreK and kindergarten classes. Check website calendar for specific times. There will be a whole group meeting at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary.
- Friday, August 25 from 1-3 pm is a whole school student open house. Come visit your child’s new classroom and teacher!
- Monday, August 28 is the first day of school. Middle school doors open at 8:05 am and elementary and PreK doors open at 8:20 am.
- Thursday, August 31 is the parent orientation for elementary and middle school students. Check the website calendar for specific times. There will be a whole group meeting at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary.
- Monday, September 4 is a school holiday for Labor Day.
Our theme for the 2023-2024 school year is A Life of Service! This is based on our theme verse for the year “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” ~1 Peter 4:9-10. FCS is planning purposeful service opportunities for our staff and students this year. These service activities will help teach our students to focus up and out on others. Focusing up and out helps the server and the one being served. As we provide opportunities for service to our students, we continue to carry out our vision to educate students in their lifelong journey for the glory of Jesus Christ. We are ready and excited for the start of the 2023-24 school year!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.firstname.lastname@example.org
Live to Serve!