A big thank you to all the student ambassadors who helped with our prospective family open house last night. Also, I wanted to thank our PTO president, Tanisha Nanor, who came out to support the school by visiting with prospective families. Thank you also to the office staff and teachers who stayed late after a busy day of teaching to support the school. It was a big success as over 50 families came to see the school and talk to teachers and student ambassadors.
Updates and Happenings
- Let us work together to keep our school healthy! As a reminder, please keep your student home if they have a fever of 100.4 or higher*, have vomited*, had episodes of diarrhea* or have a consistent runny nose that requires frequent use of tissues. On a related note; Your student must be symptom free for 24 hours without the use of symptom reducing medications. Please remember that if your student has seen a physician or is under medical care to contact the nurse directly and provide medical documentation to return to school.
*Within the past 24 hours.
- Weather-related school closures and delays will be posted on WTOP.com. In addition, parents can expect a text alert message and email notification for all school closures and delays.
News from the Office:
- It’s time to re-register for the 2024-2025 school year! Priority enrollment ends on Monday, January 29, 2024 as we open enrollment up to new FCS families. To begin the process, please go to https://fcs.school/re-registration. Fill out the short form, initial the seven parts, sign the financial contract, and submit. Once this information is submitted, firstname.lastname@example.org will send you instructions for payment of the registration fee and completion of the registration process. The registration fee for 2024-2025 will be $300 for one child or $600 for two or more children if paid by June 30. Beginning July 1, the fee will be $350 for one child or $700 for two or more children. Your current student will be enrolled upon receipt of the registration fee. For all enrollment questions, please contact email@example.com.
- The Forcey Spirit Wear website is active and ready for ordering! We are extremely excited to offer our official and approved Forcey Spirit Wear! Visit www.forceyspiritwear.com. Spirit Wear can be worn every Friday during the 2023-2024 school year. Uniform bottoms will be worn with a Spirit Wear top. Spirit Wear can be worn with the PE uniform.
- The February lunch menu is attached!
- Second quarter report cards will be emailed out on Monday, January 29.
- Please mark your calendar! The Baysox Reading Incentive Program for K-5th is on Saturday, April 6, at 6:35 pm. Those students who meet their reading goals will be given two free tickets to attend the baseball game. Please start reading your books now. Direct your questions to Hannahfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students and staff are welcome to dress in their traditional outfits on Friday, February 9th, if they come from a country that celebrates the Lunar New Year, which takes place on Sat., February 10th.
- FCS parents have the opportunity to promote their businesses in our school yearbook. See attached flyer for details!
- Questions about the FCS PTO, email email@example.com or visit https://fcs.school/pto/
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- February 19, 2024 is a no school holiday for President’s Day.
- The end of the third quarter is Friday, March 22,2024. No third quarter work will be accepted after this date.
- March 25-April 1 is Easter Break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 2.
- Spring Gala fundraiser to benefit the FCS annual fund will be on Saturday, April 27.
- IOWA standardized testing week is April 15-19. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Late students will not be permitted in class until the class finishes any pending assessments. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing. Make up testing for sickness will only be scheduled with a doctor’s note. Make up tests for travel will not be scheduled.
As we finish another busy week, let’s remember that we ultimately serve the Lord with our work, that includes school work students! Working hard is a noble task and it pleases God! Remember to get some well-deserved rest this weekend.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. ~Colossians 3:23-24
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
Live to Serve!