Updates and Happenings
A big thank you to the student ambassadors who came out to serve at last night’s open house. They represented the school well, and we heard positive feedback from prospective families. The event was a huge success with about 40 families who came to look at the school. Also, a shout out to PTO representatives Nicole Brigner, Lydia Parris, and Karen Alvarado who came to visit with prospective families.
- Forcey Christian School is looking for a part time resource teacher to join our resource team beginning fall 2023-24. The position is 3 days per week. Hours include 8:00-3:30. Check out https://fcs.school/employment/ for specific details and job description.
- Re-enrollment for the 2023-2024 school has begun. For re-enrollment questions, please contact Carlafirstname.lastname@example.org or go to https://fcs.school/re-registration/ to begin the process.
- Next week, January 30-February 3, is spirit week! Let’s get ready to show some real FCS school spirit!
- Marvel Monday - channel your super powers and dress up like your favorite super hero. Costumes should be appropriate and follow our costume handbook guidelines.
- Team Up Tuesday - represent your favorite sports team
- Wacky Wednesday - wear crazy hats and socks and/or clash your outfit
- Throwback Thursday - raid your parents/grandparents closet and dress from the past
- Falcon Friday - show off your school colors - blue, gold and white
- Coach Burgess has updated and improved our athletics page. Check it out at https://fcsathletics.school/
- Second quarter high honor roll (All A’s in every subject) and honor roll (A’s and B’s in every subject) are attached to this email. Congratulations to all of our second quarter honor roll recipients!
- Be sure and like and follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
From the Office:
- The Holiday Raise Right (Scrip) Gift Card Fundraiser continues into the new year! You have the opportunity to purchase gift cards while supporting our school. The Raise Right fundraiser is contactless. You can purchase your gift cards at Scrip Gift Card Fundraising for Organizations • RaiseRight or with the mobile app, RaiseRight. The office will not be accepting orders. You purchase gift cards at face value and the brand gives back up to 20% to Forcey Christian School. For questions regarding the Raise Right Gift Card Fundraiser, please contact Sharmilaemail@example.com.
- Tired of making kids lunches everyday? You can order once or multiple times in a month and up to midnight the night before. Check out our hot lunch program at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/
- PTO is helping Mrs. Groom organize volunteer support for our school library. Please view the signup genius below and feel free to sign up for one or more slots. In the next few weeks, we will post the schedule for the rest of the school year as well. Thank you.
Service Project Update:
- Thank you for partnering with us on the Sandtown-Winchester Achievement Academy Toy Mania Christmas project! Imagemakers ministries received approximately 220 gifts through the Amazon gift list. About 90% of these came from Forcey Christian School contributions!!! It was because of your efforts that so many students’ faces lit up with joy when they received their gifts during the December 21 outreach event. Check out the photo gallery at https://www.imagemakersministries.com/photo-gallery More opportunities to serve this ministry will be announced soon!
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar.
- Monday, February 20, no school for President’s Day.
- April 3-10 is spring break. School resumes on Tuesday, April 11.
- IOWA standardized testing will take place the week of April 24-28. Do your best to have your children in school that week and arrive on time. Make up-tests are time consuming and students miss valuable classroom instructional time during make up testing.
On my way into school today I was reminded about God’s love for me through a worship song called “Perfectly Loved”. Just a reminder today that you are perfectly loved by the God who created the universe and who created you in His image!
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School