Updates and Happenings
- Girls’ and boys’ basketball season has begun! Check out our FCS athletics page for upcoming games and sports news https://fcsathletics.school/ . Let’s come out and support our Falcon’s basketball students this season! On and off the court our men’s basketball students are stepping up! Be sure and read about the latest service project: https://fcsathletics.school/reaching-our-local-community/
- We are anticipating Spirit Wear arrival the week of December 14.
- Mrs. Groom is offering a free tutoring service, The Homework Club, to 4ththrough 8th grade FCS students through her church ministry Colesville Baptist Church, 13100 Andrew Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904. Homework club meets every Wednesday from 4 pm-5:45 pm. Space is limited, and an application is required. For information about The Homework Club contact Hannahemail@example.com
- The Holiday Raise Right (Scrip) Gift Card Fundraiser is going on now! During the weeks before Christmas, you have the opportunity to get some of your Christmas shopping done while supporting our school. The Raise Right fundraiser is contactless. You can purchase your gift cards at Scrip Gift Card Fundraising for Organizations • RaiseRight or with the mobile app, RaiseRight. The office will not be accepting orders. You purchase gift cards at face value and the brand gives back up to 20% to Forcey Christian School. For questions about Raise Right, contact Sharmilafirstname.lastname@example.org.
- December All About Lunch menu is attached.
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS!
Middle School Elective Choice Links for spring semester:
Elective choice links will be emailed out on Monday, January 2, 2023, and will be live through Friday, January 13, 2023.
- The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is accepting unwanted, gently-used uniforms as it prepares for the Used Uniform Sale in late January!
- Drop off Time/Location: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Place uniforms in the bins in the lobby. Your uniform donations will help our FCS families offset the cost of purchasing all new full-priced uniforms mid-year.
- The proceeds from the sale will support school programs that benefit our students, teachers, special events sponsored by the PTO and more. Look for an announcement of the sale dates soon.
- Next meeting: Tues., Dec. 6, 7 p.m., FCS Parent Teacher Organization Zoom meeting. All parents and FCS staff are welcome to attend. PTO leadership will be sharing ’22-23 PTO Budget Requests for discussion and vote.
- Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83221753470?pwd=VTFiblhxQWZxTlBzVWx4WWxucDNEdz09 Meeting ID: 832 2175 3470, Passcode: kV7dNw
Service Project Update:
- FCS is partnering with Image Makers Ministries this year. You can find out more about Image Makers Ministries by visiting https://www.imagemakersministries.com/ One area of focus is adopting Baltimore City Public School Sandtown-Winchester Achievement Academy in the heart of Baltimore City.
- If you can support the Christmas ToyMania 2022 effort, just go to https://www.amazon.com/hz/charitylist/ls/2R48Y1A1HI57Y/ref=smi_ext_lnk_lcl_cl and purchase one or multiple gifts as you are able. For the delivery, chose to have the items delivered to Image Makers Ministries directly. We encourage you to sit down with your children and get their input on which gift(s) they would like to purchase for the children at Sandtown-Winchester Achievement School. The last day to have gifts delivered is Friday, December 16.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar
- December 19-30 FCS will be closed for Christmas Break.
- School resumes on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- Monday, January 16, no school for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day
- The last day of the second quarter is Friday, January 20. No second quarter work will be accepted after Friday, January 20, 2023.
- Monday, February 20, no school for president’s day
I enjoy celebrating Advent in December with my family. Advent just means the introduction of or waiting for something important. The someone important is Jesus Christ!
- The first week of Advent, the candle represents Hope. A light shining in a dark place. We celebrate the hope we have in Jesus Christ, our Savior. (Isaiah 9:6-7)
- The second week of Advent, the candle represents Peace. The peace we have in Jesus Christ as believers. Peace that passes all understanding. Peace in the midst of the storm that earthly life sometimes brings. (Luke 2:14)
- The third week of Advent, the candle represents Love. God loved us so much that He sent His son to be a sacrifice for us and to bridge the gap between our sin and God. (John 3:16)
- The fourth week of Advent, the candle represents Joy. After years of waiting, the coming of Jesus brought joy to the people of Israel and brings joy to us today. (Luke 2:10-11)
- The fifth candle of Advent, the center candle, celebrates the coming of Christ on Christmas Day.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. ~Isaiah 9:6-7a
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School