Updates and Happenings
- Re-enrollment for the 2022-23 school year is ongoing. To begin the re-enrollment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://fcs.school/re-registration/ Re-registration is not complete without payment of the $300 registration fee. Some classes are filling up, so it is important to re-register as soon as possible.
- Student Summer Camp Opportunity: See attached!
- Student Picture Special Deal: See attached!
- April 25-29 is standardized testing week for grades 1-8. Please do your best to get children here on time and avoid doctor’s appointments that week. Make us tests are time consuming and remove students from classroom instruction post testing week. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding
- Check out our new FCS Health Hub at https://fcs.school/health-hub/.
- PTO Update:
- For PTO membership information go to https://fcs.school/pto/
- Five committees have been established and are hard at work for the FCS Community: Membership, Fundraising, Events, Communications, and Staff Encouragement
- You can find archived FCS News Friday newsletters at https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
Around the Building
- Elementary students gathered in the sanctuary on 3/17/22 to engage in several Irish dances in honor of St. Patrick’s Day!
- Coach Burgess plays motivational music during ES PE classes to keep students engaged and moving!
- MS science students dissected squid this week in science classes.
- Mrs. Groom is getting students excited about reading by conducting several reading challenges this month!
- Seventh grade science students had a virtual field trip this week with the Baltimore Aquarium.
- Be sure and like or follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest pictures and video of happenings around FCS! This month I am proud to highlight and honor Woman’s History Month!
ACSI Math Olympic Results for FCS! Congratulations to all of the finalists!
|4th grade computation Nathaniel P. – 3rd||6th grade reasoning Melinda Y. – 4th|
|4th grade reasoning Jonah M. – 5th||7th computation Eliana W. 4th|
|5th grade computation
Ally W. – 3rdNahom A.- 4th
|7th grade reasoning
Nolawi A. – 2ndCharis W. – 4th
|6th computation Tito A. – 4th||8th grade reasoning River R.- 2nd|
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar all year long at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Friday, April 8 is a half day for end of third quarter preparations.
- April 11-18 is Easter Break. Classes resume on Tuesday, April 19.
- April 25-29 is standardized testing week for grades 1-8. Please do you best to get children here on time and avoid doctor’s appointments and optional trips that week. Make-up tests are time consuming and remove students from classroom instruction post testing week.
- May 5 and 6 is our annual FCS Fun Run. More information will come soon!
- June 10 is a half day of instruction for end of quarter preparations.
March is women’s history month! As a female in Christian and business leadership, I am somewhat in the minority. I like to take advantage of opportunities given to me to highlight women leaders, women historical heros, and Christian women who are called into ministry leadership positions. I like to train the next generation as well. Check out our Women’s History Month highlights on our social media pages and talk to your children about the contributions that women have made in all areas of life.
There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem. ~Luke 2: 36-38
Have a great weekend!Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!