Updates and Happenings
- Forcey Christian School strongly encourages parents and their children 12 years of age and older to get vaccinated for Covid-19. The Center for Disease Control and other reputable medical agencies state that the Covid-19 vaccines are proven to be safe and effective against Covid -19 and the recent Delta variant. In addition, your vaccine, and the vaccines of siblings 12 and older, will protect your younger children who are not yet eligible for the vaccine. The best way to keep children in school and community spread down is for all those eligible to get vaccinated.
- Forcey Christian School returns to in person learning 5 days a week for the 2021-2022 school year on August 30, 2021.
- At this time, Forcey Christian School will follow the guidelines of the Montgomery County Health Department and require all staff and students to wear face masks regardless of vaccination status. This decision is made carefully as the majority of the people in our building are under 12 and are not yet eligible for the Covid-19 vaccines.
- To start the year, students do not have to wear their face masks outside at recess or during outside PE or sports activities.
- For the present, daily Frontline health screenings for students will continue to be required. Nurse Barrant will be communicating with parents regarding setting up your child’s Frontline account.
- Students will eat lunch in the cafeteria. To start the year, we will continue to use clear plastic shields for students to eat behind.
- FCS will conduct in-person back to school events. All persons entering the building must be masked regardless of vaccination status.
- Parent orientation night: One or two parents may enter the building and go directly to classrooms for the event. No siblings or children may enter the building for back-to-school night. Check our website calendar for specific dates and times: https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- There will be an open house for students on Friday, August 27 from 1-3 pm. One parent or guardian may attend with registered FCS students only.
- We are preparing for the return of fall sports. More information will follow from our athletic director Mr. Mark Stewart.
- Past newsletters are now archived on the website at: https://fcs.school/category/newsletter/
- Forcey Christian School is excited to partner with All About Lunch for our lunch services in the upcoming school year. Feel free to check out the attached flyer, go to their website at https://www.lunchboxprogram.com/, and even set up your student’s lunch account. You can bypass the teacher field for now but it is important to update that field when class lists are published.
- FACTS ParentsWeb (formerly Renweb) will be activated on Thursday, August 26, 2021. You can see your child’s class placement and schedules at that time.
Mark Your Calendar
- Keep up with important dates on our website calendar at https://fcs.school/calendar-2/
- Friday, August 27 from 1-3 pm. Student/Parent open house. 1 parent or family member, student and parent must be masked to enter
- Back to School Nights:
- PreK 3, PreK 4, Kindergarten: Thursday, August 26, 2021
- ES and MS: Thursday, September 2, 2021
- First Day of School: Monday, August 30, 2021
We are so excited to bring the students back in just 2 weeks! The teachers officially return in 1 week but many have been coming in the building to make initial preparations for some time. I have been in prayer for our upcoming school year, the staff, and our assistant principal search. It remains ongoing. We want to find the right candidate for our diverse and wonderful school community. Please join me in prayer for this.
We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, So that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience ~ Colossians 1:9b-11
Cheri L. Vislay, M. Ed.
Principal, Forcey Christian School
We Are Family!